X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 11-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default gabatrol

Have you all heard about Gabatrol. Amino acids and a herb?

I am wondering, and this sounds simple. Can I order and purchase Gabatrol online, when australia hasnt obviously approved it?

I think my answer might be obvious too.

Simply, can you purchase meds overseas, that are not in Australia?

thanks
Old 11-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

It doesn't appear to contain any restricted substances (actually, you could probably buy most of the constituent ingredients at a local drug or nutrition store), so you shouldn't have any issues getting it through customs.
No Surprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkydora View Post
Have you all heard about Gabatrol. Amino acids and a herb?

I am wondering, and this sounds simple. Can I order and purchase Gabatrol online, when australia hasnt obviously approved it?

I think my answer might be obvious too.

Simply, can you purchase meds overseas, that are not in Australia?

thanks
i doubt you would have any problem importing Gabatrol, as nearly all of the active ingredients are likely already in and in use in your country as herbal supplements.

however, Meds (pharmaceutical drugs) are much more restricted. Even in the U.S.A., many sources claim that importing prescription medication is illegal, which i believe it is. However, sources claim that those who choose to import up to and not exceeding a 3 months supply of un-scheduled medication, will not be criminally prosecuted if they are discovered or their import is apprehended. So its all risky....and from reading random posts online from random forums, it looks like Australia's import/customs thingy is alot stricter than that of the U.S.....apparently they will detain and seize more questionable shipments than US customs? i dunno but anyways, its not legal. but, not all illegal actions are prosecuted (for example, US importation of Meds.)

so, when purchasing Meds overseas, one must be fully prepared to be criminally prosecuted for doing such, and/or lose a lot of $money if the package/shipment is detained by customs...

i dunno if youve read this, but heres a site with information on Australian importing of prescription and other therapeutic substances....

http://www.tga.gov.au/impexp/piglance.htm
Old 11-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

LOL Wasn't the drug that the girl took in The Exorcism of Emily Rose called Gabatrol?

Oh, just googled it - it was Gambutrol.

Things I have tried:
Lexapro, Zoloft, Celexa, Prozac, Paxil, Effexor XR, Remeron, Wellbutrin SR, Eskalith CR, Topamax, Valium, Xanax, Ativan, Ambien, Restoril, Desyrel, Ritalin, Adderall, Dexedrine, Inderal, Lopressor, Thorazine, Lamictal, Abilify, Depakote, Geodon, Seroquel, doxepin, chloral hydrate
korey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey View Post
LOL Wasn't the drug that the girl took in The Exorcism of Emily Rose called Gabatrol?

Oh, just googled it - it was Gambutrol.
lol...that must have been funny, having to come up with a fake drug, cuz if they used a real drug, theyd get sued from real-life patients (who thought they had demonic possession) claiming that the drug didnt rid them of their *condition.

the trailer for that movie really freaked me out....if it was that movie, i dunno it was a long time ago