Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Fluoxetine, 20mg and Quetiapine 50mg

770 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  zomb 
#1 ·
I begin taking these two pills every day. One when I wake up and the other one before going to sleep. I'm not feeling tired during the day, mainly because I'm going to sleep really late, around 1AM/2AM. Before my meds I used to go to bed around 11PM. And I wake up late, 9AM/10AM, when I used to wake up 6:30AM/7AM. I'm going to my psychiatrist next week and I'm going to tell her that. Guess I'll have to change the meds. Does any of you already took those pills? Any bad side effects?

#3 ·
So i take it, that u use 50mg Quetiapine at night for sleep, but it doesn't work? since you doesn't sleep till 2in the night.?
If it doesn't cause any nextday sedation i would either try to raise the Quetiapine dose, or change sleeping meds...
But also be aware that initial side effects with Fluoxetine is inomnia and such...

#6 ·
Quetiapine was great for me for years then all of a sudden I started to get myoclonic jerks. Despite not being on Quetiapine for over 3 or 4 years I still get side effects from antipsychotics.

#10 ·
The side effects may not start right away. Once you get them, my advice would be to stop the med immediately if you can, if not, try to taper down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.