Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Drugs for SA

850 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Sweeto 
#1 ·
Looking for anything that will help me
Forget. Need something that will fix me from being all sorts of ****ed up that I can't even hold a conversation I can't talk in front of people, don't get me started with girls. My life is miserable, I've been taking cognitive behavioral on lines courses but they don't help, I'm going to a last resort here or I might just end it. I'm tired of being this way, why me, of everything why me WHY why why I don't know. What will cure me I don't care if I'm not the same person I just don't want to be myself anymore

#3 ·
I know it's miserable, but you have a lot of options that can potentially help you. Zoloft helped me for a couple years. Benzos will help you for immediate relief, but you probably want to try and avoid taking it for long term. Baclofen really helps me, just probably shouldn't take it for long term use because of withdrawal issues. Lyrica helps a lot of people. Nardil and Parnate can be really good, but have some food interactions. TMS has helped me somewhat. Ketamine infusions could also be an option and look very promising. Phenibut and SunTheanine can also help.

You're only 17, don't give up. I've been dealing with this **** for 8 years now, so I know your pain. Just keep going and keep trying **** until you feel better.

#6 ·
Do I just ask the doctor to prescribe them
This is literally all there is to it. Beforehand, you'll want to think about your anxiety, how it impacts and inhibits your day-to-day living; ask your parents for feedback (what have they noticed about you)... Write this stuff down if you need to, and relay it to the doctor. He'll want to know if there have been any mental health problems in your family history as well. The more the doctor knows, the better they'll know how to approach it.

plus I really don't want to pay an absurd amount for a prescription that I don't even know will work.
You could mention to the doctor that finances are an issue. Some meds are cheaper than others.

#5 ·
phenibut is a really good drug for social anxiety. it's legal to buy over the Internet and pretty cheap too. it's kind of like being drunk, except very subtle. you're not exactly intoxicated, you just feel more at ease and calm. it works different than most drugs; it can takes up to 7 hours to kick in and its efficacy is severely lowered with food intake so it's best to take it on an empty stomach and wait a bit before eating

you have to be careful tho because it's very addictive and habit forming and can have crazy withdrawals if you become too tolerant. the tolerance also builds really quickly. its not sustainable as every day use, but a couple times a week is good. but those few times when you take it are amazing. it's like feeling no paranoia, anticipation or judgment. it lasts a good while too. I highly recommend reading the subreddit on it to become familiar with dosaging and how the drug works. I order it from powdercity.com - this is the link

http://www.powdercity.com/products/phenibut-hcl-capsules

and subreddit

www.Reddit.com/r/phenibut - read the stickies
Posted via Mobile Device

#7 ·
Just make an appointment to see a doctor and explain to them your symptoms and how you have been feeling. In my experience doctors appointments are very brief, they pretty much want you in and out as fast as possible with minimum questioning. The first time I went I was offered medication and counselling straight away. That's pretty much all there is to it, I was expecting to be bombarded with questions when I went but it was nothing like that at all.

It doesn't hurt to do a bit of research before hand if you want to go down the medication route and to have some ideas of what you think might help you, don't be afraid to mention these to the doctor. I'd probably avoid asking specifically for benzos though, doctors are normally very reluctant to prescribe these.

#8 ·
Can't really go to my parents, I don't have the best relationship, also our family has a history of ignoring mental issues, they don't believe in pills and such. My cousin who is like my brother has told my anxiety has gotten worse and so have coworkers but I don't know them that well, I also only see my cousin for a week every year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.