Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Did they put something in my hookah?

7K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  stealyourface722 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Personally my thoughts are any reputable establishment of hookahs/flavoured tabacco wouldn't add anything to it like you're thinking. That said the effects of different flavoured tabaccos are likey to cause some form of high though I know not the specifics of them as I've only tried them a few times(while high on marijuana)

#9 ·
I smoke flavored tobacco through a hookah with a friend occasionally at a hookah place. The usual effects are 10 mins buzz and social lubrication. This is probably due to lowered oxygen supply to the brain, the nicotine, and tobacco impurity. (MAOIs I think)

However, on two different occasions, the buzz was stronger and lasted for over 4 hours, and we were happy as hell. We had a strong urge to tell the whole world how much we love it, and we were smiling like some idiots. Needless to say, we tipped them very high under the effect of euphoria.

Does this sound like weed to you:
1- Complete loss of libido.
2- Euphoria and empathy.
3- Memory and concentration problems
4- Coordination and balance problems.
5- Slight visual distortion.
6- Elevated body temperature and nausea.

So, do you think they put something (weed?) in our hookah?
Tobacco effects don't last 4 hours; it is actually possible they "spiked" it with something. Some of the effects sound like PCP -- ketamine is similar and for me produced these from your list: nausea, complete loss of libido, euphoria, co-ordination/balance problems, memory/concentration problems and visual distortion (I didn't measure body temp.).

Cannabis most certainly does not produce nausea unless you smoke waaaay too much (and then it'd be dysphoric and very intense), and it enhances libido in many.

Another guess: could be a serotonergic (serotonin-acting) drug such as MDMA, although I'm not sure about the practicality of smoking it (but I bet it's possible, could just be spread around the "baccy" in pure form). Could even be a new serotonergic research-chemical. Serotonin enhanced in an unselective way kills libido, produces slight visual distortion, empathy, nausea, memory/concentration problems, mild euphoria (this would be greater if dopamine was also enhanced), possible co-ordination problems, etc. The effects do sound very similar to MDMA; can any of our resident E-tards (jk) shed light on this?

It could be anything though. What meds are you taking? Tobacco's MAOI properties could enhance meds' effects. Actually if it affected all your friends too, this is irrelevant.

#10 ·
The buzz was stronger and lasted for over 4 hours, and we were happy as hell. We had a strong urge to tell the whole world how much we love it, and we were smiling like some idiots. Needless to say, we tipped them very high under the effect of euphoria.

Does this sound like weed to you:
1- Complete loss of libido.
2- Euphoria and empathy.
3- Memory and concentration problems
4- Coordination and balance problems.
5- Slight visual distortion.
6- Elevated body temperature and nausea.

So, do you think they put something (weed?) in our hookah?
Sounds alot like MDMA to me.

This post has been deleted
#11 ·
That being said, I was on Zoloft and Xanax myself.
Well then it wasn't MDMA, as SSRIs block the empathogenic (serotonin-mediated) effects of E. You would've just felt speedy and probably very sexual, but not particularly empathetic. We can rule out all serotonin-releaser drugs.

It could've been sceletium tortuosum ("kanna"), a smokeable plant known for producing empathy and euphoria similar in quality to MDMA. It's used by some to relieve anxiety and depression. People say it's an SSRI, but in reality I think the evidence points to a novel mechanism of PDE-4 inhibition. It's said to be rather cool, but I never achieved significant effects. Then again, I was on ****loads of other stuff and not particularly adept at smoking it.

As has been said, they would charge more for weed, but if there was tipping involved, it's quite clear they have motivation to give users a sociabiliser/euphoriant mixed with the tobacco. Weed is a pretty hedonistic, selfish drug in relation to others we've suggested, and isn't known for helping SA, so I doubt it's the culprit.

#12 ·
I don't know too much about hookah but I tried it once or twice and it was similar to smoking a cigarette.... nothing like what you describe. The loss of libido doesn't seem to fit with weed. Weed will normally cause an increase in libido. So I'd be careful if I were you. Honestly it sounds a little like DXM due to loss of libido and elevated body temperature and nausea but it could really be anything. I don't know very much about the different kinds of drugs. I've never tried ecstasy for example, or PCP. Well, I'm glad you had fun but I agree, it does sound like they spiked it.

#13 ·
yea anything with serotonigic action raises body temp. It was probably some other herb they added. Like what euphoria said, kanna or some random herb, damania. I dont think someone would spike your hookah with something hard. If they did, id never go back.
I would never put a hard drug into someones batch, but if I did id do something that was subtle and they wouldnt notice very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.