Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Consumption of pot for SA

3K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Himi Jendrix 
#1 ·
Since the administrators saw fit (thank you!) to allow the legitimate discussion of pot as a SA treatment, I have a question.

What's the best way to consume it? I vape it @ 365 degrees, having read that to be optimal. That produces remains that are brown like coffee grounds.

But it still produces vapor at up to 420 degrees (max temp setting), so I can get more vapor if I up the temp, but is that a good idea?:stu

The whole idea of vaping is to avoid the carcinogens produced by smoking (that occurs around 1,000 degrees).

I hate to leave good THC behind at "only" 365 though I could do without benzene at higher temps.

What have you found the optimal temp to vape pot at? Obviously, it also tastes better vaped at 350-365 (like a field of wild flowers) as opposed to 420 where it smell like burn pop corn?

Or would you not use a vaporizer at all? Would you smoke it or eat it instead?

All ideas appreciated.

Karl

See less See more
#2 ·
Karl,

When it tastes like burnt popcorn, that means it's too hot. It should taste smooth and tasty. I have a pax vaporizer.

If you don't want to waste what's left. What a lot of people do is save the vaporized green and then use it to make edibles, as there is still some CBD and THC in the vaped bud.

BTW the anti-anxiety effects are not from THC but from the CBD's. Indica being low in THC and Sativa's being high in THC. For me, either one, or a hybrid, doesn't matter, they all make me super nervous in public.

This is not part of the discussion but lemme tell you from personal experience. Pot is terrible for people with any sort of mental illness.

If you can keep the usage to perhaps once a week, seems ok.

If you're prone to addictions, good luck. This is if you can't control your usage.

Your SA will INCREASE. You're gonna get lazy as ****, not want to do **** with your life, no motivation. You won't want to go outside because you feel perfectly great staying inside smoking some green and listening to some tunes while playing video games.

You won't give a **** though right? That's what you want for SA treatment? Well it also comes with a dragnet of not giving a **** towards important things in life, like family, friends, paying the bills, cleaning the house, showering. You'll also have a lot of memory issues. Eventually you'll become depressed immensely.

You're gonna end up eating a steady supply of government cheese and living in a van down by the river.

#3 ·
I did consider making edibles out of it, but the remains are brown like coffee grounds. No black like ash, but still not really something you're going to feel like eating.

Thanks for pointing it out, but I already know it's not the THC content that calms you -- THC is what typically makes users paranoid. Fortunately I don't get that common paranoid effect -- from either sativa or indica varieties. Indica is a sleeping pill. Sativa is a pleasant wakefulness.

I've never had any addiction problem with any substance before. Let's hope addiction doesn't start at 42.

You won't give a **** though right? That's what you want for SA treatment? Well it also comes with a dragnet of not giving a **** towards important things in life, like family, friends, paying the bills, cleaning the house, showering. You'll also have a lot of memory issues. Eventually you'll become depressed immensely.
And that's a change from how I live now? There is the stereotype about stoners who munch Twinkies while suffering couch lock, but there is much myth about pot (and other drugs).

Feel free to suggest a med(s) to me. I've tried damn near all of them, so I'll be most impressed if you can come up with something that I haven't. (Note: this drug must actually be obtainable. This is to rule out meds I'd like to try but can't.)

#22 ·
I did consider making edibles out of it, but the remains are brown like coffee grounds. No black like ash, but still not really something you're going to feel like eating.

Thanks for pointing it out, but I already know it's not the THC content that calms you -- THC is what typically makes users paranoid. Fortunately I don't get that common paranoid effect -- from either sativa or indica varieties. Indica is a sleeping pill. Sativa is a pleasant wakefulness.

I've never had any addiction problem with any substance before. Let's hope addiction doesn't start at 42.

And that's a change from how I live now? There is the stereotype about stoners who munch Twinkies while suffering couch lock, but there is much myth about pot (and other drugs).

Feel free to suggest a med(s) to me. I've tried damn near all of them, so I'll be most impressed if you can come up with something that I haven't. (Note: this drug must actually be obtainable. This is to rule out meds I'd like to try but can't.)
So Nardil didn't work for you? what happened with that?

#6 ·
Yeah, like I'm lucky enough to get sex. Won't find many of those guys on SAS.

While my experienced is certainly limited, pot has proven to be the most effective drug thus far for my anxiety. That's not an endorsement of pot. I have the most unusual response to meds, so this is just another unexpected response to a drug.

#5 ·
If you don't want edibles, would you vape your pot to 420 degrees (highest temp it goes). At that point you eventually end up with zero vapor and I consider it done.

The vapor flavor is definitely vastly superior at 360, but I turn it up to 420 to make sure I get EVERYTHING out of it. I do worry that this isn't healthy. After all, the point of vaping is to not produce combustion. I suppose 420 is safe vapor (even if not nearly as tasty) since 420 is still under combustion temperatures.

Also, after a while I think I'd grow really sick of pot brownies. Clearly, I'm still learning the basics.

Last evening I vaped it 355 and when the vapor ended I opened it up to find brown stuff that looks like coffee grounds. Has this had enough THC & CBD squeezed from it? Or is there actually more active drugs left in the remains that I should make edibles? Or should I just turn it up to 420 and enjoy the burnt pop corn vape to fully utilize the chemicals in pot?

#7 ·
I took a little taste of what's in the ash try and there is no way I'm eating that burnt garbage.

Is it unhealthy to vape to the max temp of 420 or does that release benzene? (and other toxic chemicals), though probably not nearly as much the 1,000 degrees of smoking.

Vaping must be safer, seeing how even at the highest temp it doesn't even come close to smoking.

I'd like to vape, slowly raising the temp, until there is no more vapor. Though I also worry that carcinogens are released at 420. Of course, I find it burns turns brown at 360. So I don't see how I could make edibles that didn't taste like garbage.

Do any of you guys make edibles with you vaped pot. According to leafy.com, Trainwreck produces a calming & wakeful effect. Not sleepy.

Question: Have any of you tried Trainwreck.

#9 ·
I'm totally confused. What is that supposed to mean?:stu

I thought this was a serious discussion of how to vape pot. At least that was my intent.

The only reason I ask about pot around here (rather than some drug forum) is because I'm using pot to calm my SA. And it works, something that can only be said of alcohol and, to a limited degree, Parnate.

I discuss pot here because I want LEGITIMATE patients dealing with SA, rather than the stoners one would find on a drug forum who simply want to fly high as a kite. I have no objection to recreational use, but I'm confident some folks on SAS use pot illegally (medicinally or recreationally). I'd like to meet them and gain from their personal experience. Perhaps there is even someone in my position reading this right now.

Karl

#16 ·
The stereotype is real. I plus many of my friends turned into lazy slobs lol. I quit because of that. You may be different of course.
Yeah, I've heard the term "couch lock" for the stoner stereotype where you park your butt on the sofa eating Twinkies and watching cartoons all day.

I probably need not worry about "couch lock," seeing how I typically get damn near nothing done in a day to start with.

I personally haven't experienced "couch lock." Indica is a sleeping pill, and sativia relaxes me while still allowing me to be alert & awake, which is what I want.

You tasted the vaped bud? Huh? You're supposed to use it to make cannabutter, not put it directly in the brownie.
Even bud that has been vaped to only 350 is as appealing as coffee grounds, so I'm not sure how it could be used in food at all.:stu It seems you'd have to stop while there's still plenty of vapor left to get anything suitable for a food item.

Edibles are something I have to investigate as I know almost nothing about them. Pot vaped at 350 till there is no more vapor left is already brown and looks like coffee grounds (tastes as good as coffee grounds too).

#15 ·
Weed may be good at first and may help for a little while but long term it will slowly take more than it gives . My advice is ditch the weed it's no good and will make things a lot worse eventually . As a X long term user I feel I am qualified to say ditch it .

#19 ·
Go with hash oil. Just keep in mind a vape isn't very efficient. A lot of TCH goes to waste.
Thanks for the input. Hash oil is just one of many things I must learn about pot.

It's not a good treatment for SA though.
Have any suggestions for me on what would be a good treatment. I don't know how familiar you are with me and all the meds I've tried, but I've tried a whole lot and a whole lot have failed.

Can you (or anyone) suggest a good treatment for me?

I'd say it's just a stress reliever that stamps out the bad aspects of consciousness and makes your biological prison more tolerable.
That sounds good to me.

#20 ·
Have you tried therapy? Meditation? Eastern philosophy?

Perhaps you're looking for a panacea?

One thing I noticed walking around the mall today is that a lot of people act nervous, they try to hide it.

Perhaps we are just people who deem anxiety to be so awful, creating the vicious cycle of anxiety -> oh **** anxiety -> more anxiety.

#24 ·
did nothing to help SA only made it way worse till the point I was afraid being outside stoned, I guess some people have a different body chemistry as for me I can't see helping SA a tiny bit, glad I quit smoking pot or I would have gone crazy from anxiety it caused me, probably I would smoke pot if I could find a plant with 20% CBD and less then 5 % thc

#27 ·
You guys are talking about all these fancy technical methods and I'm just thinking how much it sucks that I can't even get any to smoke in my grody old pipe

like talk about recipes for your caviar and your $500/lb fancy cheese while you're at it :p

#30 ·
You guys are talking about all these fancy technical methods and I'm just thinking how much it sucks that I can't even get any to smoke in my grody old pipe

like talk about recipes for your caviar and your $500/lb fancy cheese while you're at it :p
If it makes you feel better, I shop Aldi and stock up when cheese is on sale for $1.59/8 ounces.:smile2: I've never had caviar and the idea of eating fish eggs is something I'd prefer to avoid.

I bet your grody old pipe more efficiently delivers chemicals than any vaporizer.

Your comment made me think about how a $200 vape likely delivers less goodies (and less carcinogens) than an unfiltered joint a stoner might roll. Makes one wonder how Obama smoked his pot, or how Bill "I never broke any US drug laws" ('cause I was smoking pot in the UK) did it.

It's not like vaporizing is 100% clean. The tube on a vaporizer is an icky brown color after just 2 ounces of use. Gives one some idea of what it must do to their lungs.

#32 ·
I don't know how anyone with SA smokes weed. I used to do it all the time, but since me SA has gotten worse I can't smoke at all. Makes me hyper self-conscious and causes massive rebound anxiety the day after. My advice is don't smoke pot, especially if you have ADHD, cause even if it doesn't make you anxious it will turn you into a lazy turd!

#33 ·
I been using cannabis for 12 years or so. I think it helps with depression mainly and anxiety a bit cause it snap my mind out of thought anxious thought loops.

I just use a simple pipe to smoke. Vaping is probably healthier, i have vaped a few times and its comparable high if not more than smoking. Eating is more intense but slower to take effect.

CBD is a wonder chemical for anxiety and many other things, if you really want to use weed to treat anxiety get a low thc, high cbd strain. THC is generally anxiogenic for most people; the CBD offsets this.

I like to smoke cause it makes me more acceptable with my life. I have severe social anxiety and depression and ptsd. It makes life more bearable for me. It can have a downside as it does make you fairly content with whatever situation you find yourself in. This can be a good or bad thing...hehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.