Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Like Tree1 Liked Posts

Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Aniracetam (Nootropic) - A Review

If you have done any research on aniracetam (or piracetam or oxiracetam) then you've probably read some anecdotes about how amazing this supplement is. It sounds almost too good to be true.

Sorry to disappoint you but its GOOD and its TRUE. I've tried every herb and supplement on the list but nothing did anything. Finally I try this and it:

Makes music sound better
Body coordination is more fluid
Increased energy
Verbal Intelligence INCREASED!
I feel VERY chilled out.
Memory and retention is better
Focus is better
CREATIVITY IS MUCH BETTER!

Side Effects
Suppressed Appetite
Hard to wind down at the end of the night

This stuff gives energy but not in a stimulant kind of way. Hard to explain. Just don't underestimate this stuff's power. Its used for Alzheimer's patients in Europe (under a prescription). Its classified under Nootropic which means its a BRAIN DRUG but with LOW TOXICITY. This means its less harmful then taking a tylenol.

Side Note:
Im also on Effexor XR and have been for 6 months. I have cut the dosage in half (300mg - 150mg) since starting Aniracetam. So far, the cut dose of Effexor has brought on no side-effects when usually it would.

Aniracetam MUST be taken with a Choline source (eggs). Choline is a B-Vitamin best consumed in powder-supplement form. Just look up Choline.

Aniracetam MUST be taken with a fat source, since its fat soluble. A capsule of fish oil or any food containing fat (almonds, eggs w/yolk, avacado, bacon, salmon, whole milk, yogurt, etc.

Aniracetam cannot be sold in Canada but can be consumed and imported for personal use. It is a rarity in US supplement stores but its readily available online. The FDA has been fighting to make it a prescription drug because it works AND its cheap to make. Politics make this supplement rare to find.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
www.infectedcalf.blogspot.com (ma' blog)
User5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I too can attest that aniracetam is a powerfully beneficial substance. I've been taking it for 3 months and can say that life feels simpler than it used to be, and tasks that i used to find tedious are now much more doable. It hasn't directly had much effect on my anxiety, but it's made my attention easier to control which has consequently allowed me to spend less time worrying and ruminating about the past
martyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyboi View Post
I too can attest that aniracetam is a powerfully beneficial substance. I've been taking it for 3 months and can say that life feels simpler than it used to be, and tasks that i used to find tedious are now much more doable. It hasn't directly had much effect on my anxiety, but it's made my attention easier to control which has consequently allowed me to spend less time worrying and ruminating about the past
nice one! have u tried any other racetams? what do u take anirace with?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Anxiolytic effects of aniracetam in three different mouse models of anxiety and the underlying mechanism

Kazuo Nakamura, and Mitsue Kurasawa
CNS Supporting Laboratory, Nippon Roche Research Center, 200 Kajiwara, Kamakura, Kanagawa 247-8530, Japan
Received 6 March 2001; revised 12 April 2001; accepted 18 April 2001. Available online 12 June 2001.
Abstract
The anxiolytic effects of aniracetam have not been proven in animals despite its clinical usefulness for post-stroke anxiety. This study, therefore, aimed to characterize the anxiolytic effects of aniracetam in different anxiety models using mice and to examine the mode of action. In a social interaction test in which all classes (serotonergic, cholinergic and dopaminergic) of compounds were effective, aniracetam (10–100 mg/kg) increased total social interaction scores (time and frequency), and the increase in the total social interaction time mainly reflected an increase in trunk sniffing and following. The anxiolytic effects were completely blocked by haloperidol and nearly completely by mecamylamine or ketanserin, suggesting an involvement of nicotinic acetylcholine, 5-HT2A and dopamine D2 receptors in the anxiolytic mechanism. Aniracetam also showed anti-anxiety effects in two other anxiety models (elevated plus-maze and conditioned fear stress tests), whereas diazepam as a positive control was anxiolytic only in the elevated plus-maze and social interaction tests. The anxiolytic effects of aniracetam in each model were mimicked by different metabolites (i.e., p-anisic acid in the elevated plus-maze test) or specific combinations of metabolites. These results indicate that aniracetam possesses a wide range of anxiolytic properties, which may be mediated by an interaction between cholinergic, dopaminergic and serotonergic systems. Thus, our findings suggest the potential usefulness of aniracetam against various types of anxiety-related disorders and social failure/impairments.
There we go

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Anyone is free to PM me questions or ask my MSN adress.
crayzyMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Aniracetam MUST be taken with a Choline source
I disagree, ppl keep saying that but the evidence for that is lacking, ive allways used piracetam without choline without issue.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by User5 View Post
nice one! have u tried any other racetams? what do u take anirace with?
When i started using it I didn't use a choline source and still noticed some benefits...but when I added DMAE and choline i think the benefits became more drastic

Im also combining it with piracetam now...i'm not sure if thats doing anything extra though.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

I much prefer oxiracetam. More potent and flavorless. I could dump it in anything including plain water and hardly notice. It also only took 1/8-1/4tsp. Unfortunately it's a little harder to find and more expensive. Piracetam gave me respiratory issues. I started coughing a lot and having asthma reactions to things. Aniracetam is ok but I have to put it in capsules because of the taste.

http://www.ladyjayes.com/bringonrain.html
Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

AND Aniracetam has allowed me to enjoy marijuana a lot more. I used to avoid it because it made me anxious but that never happens anymore. I can smoke consistently for days and never have a "bad trip"
baranok likes this.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzyMed View Post
I disagree, ppl keep saying that but the evidence for that is lacking, ive allways used piracetam without choline without issue.
Thats strange. Are you sure you aren't getting choline from other sources? Eggs perhaps? Because I had a terrible headache today because I skipped out on choline and I NEVER get headaches.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzyMed View Post
There we go
nice find.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
When i started using it I didn't use a choline source and still noticed some benefits...but when I added DMAE and choline i think the benefits became more drastic

Im also combining it with piracetam now...i'm not sure if thats doing anything extra though.
i've heard good things about DMAE. Also not available in Canada as far as I know. What is it supposed to do?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akane View Post
I much prefer oxiracetam. More potent and flavorless. I could dump it in anything including plain water and hardly notice. It also only took 1/8-1/4tsp. Unfortunately it's a little harder to find and more expensive. Piracetam gave me respiratory issues. I started coughing a lot and having asthma reactions to things. Aniracetam is ok but I have to put it in capsules because of the taste.
Can you share your experience with Oxiracetam with us?(if you havent already). I am not one to want to taste my medication. I really want to try a racetam.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Quitting while you are ahead isn't the same thing as quitting; lesser known fact
Noca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Thats strange. Are you sure you aren't getting choline from other sources? Eggs perhaps? Because I had a terrible headache today because I skipped out on choline and I NEVER get headaches.
Nope, but i'm gonna try aniracetam once i can order it, well see how it will work.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

Thats because choline is a nootropic itself, it doesnt make anything else stronger, its just the choline itself you feel added to the piracetam.

-Lenin

Loving my girl.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
If you have done any research on aniracetam (or piracetam or oxiracetam) then you've probably read some anecdotes about how amazing this supplement is. It sounds almost too good to be true.

Sorry to disappoint you but its GOOD and its TRUE. I've tried every herb and supplement on the list but nothing did anything. Finally I try this and it:

Makes music sound better
Body coordination is more fluid
Increased energy
Verbal Intelligence INCREASED!
I feel VERY chilled out.
Memory and retention is better
Focus is better
CREATIVITY IS MUCH BETTER!

Side Effects
Suppressed Appetite
Hard to wind down at the end of the night

This stuff gives energy but not in a stimulant kind of way. Hard to explain. Just don't underestimate this stuff's power. Its used for Alzheimer's patients in Europe (under a prescription). Its classified under Nootropic which means its a BRAIN DRUG but with LOW TOXICITY. This means its less harmful then taking a tylenol.

Side Note:
Im also on Effexor XR and have been for 6 months. I have cut the dosage in half (300mg - 150mg) since starting Aniracetam. So far, the cut dose of Effexor has brought on no side-effects when usually it would.

Aniracetam MUST be taken with a Choline source (eggs). Choline is a B-Vitamin best consumed in powder-supplement form. Just look up Choline.

Aniracetam MUST be taken with a fat source, since its fat soluble. A capsule of fish oil or any food containing fat (almonds, eggs w/yolk, avacado, bacon, salmon, whole milk, yogurt, etc.

Aniracetam cannot be sold in Canada but can be consumed and imported for personal use. It is a rarity in US supplement stores but its readily available online. The FDA has been fighting to make it a prescription drug because it works AND its cheap to make. Politics make this supplement rare to find.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
www.infectedcalf.blogspot.com (ma' blog)
your dose ?
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
your dose ?
800 mg to 16 mg a day of aniracetam with about a gram of choline
Old 11-01-2010, 02:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
800 mg to 16 mg a day of aniracetam with about a gram of choline
16 mg ? Or you mean 1,6 grams ?
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
16 mg ? Or you mean 1,6 grams ?
Whoops I meant to add zeros. Yeah 1.6 grams... And I'm continuing to lower my effexor doses and I still feel very good.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

All of them have had the same effects on me. The oxiracetam just takes less, doesn't have any taste, and didn't cause side effects like piracetam. Due to insomnia I'm not allowed caffiene or any stimulants and I have various attention and memory issues probably both from not sleeping and from the meds I need to get to sleep. Racetams increase alertness and concentration with none of the bad effects of caffiene. This by itself tends to make me more talkative rather than zoning out or conserving energy by avoiding conversation. Another plus for them over caffeine is that I can stop them cold and the worst that happens is I go back to the same level of alertness and concentration as before I first started taking any. Also racetams seem to prevent some of the headaches I always get and improves my short term memory. Not perfectly but now instead of standing in the middle of the store having no idea what I came there for I can eventually get through my whole list. It just drives my husband insane because I cannot remember it in any type of order or organization so we end up zig zagging back and forth across the store until my brain runs out of things it can remember. It may improve motivation a little overall but it's hard to tell since my other meds change so constantly anymore and my motivation is never consistent from one pill combination to the next. No impact on sleep good or bad except one occasion where I used an empty valerian root bottle with the label colored in to contain my aniracetam filled capsules. This practice ended when I realized that in the dark I couldn't tell whether the label was colored in or not and accidentally took 3 aniracetam (usual is 1-2 but I forget how many mg each one holds) instead of valerian root. I realized the next day why I had more trouble sleeping.

I bought some choline once and took it for maybe a month but after seeing no difference I forgot about it. I haven't tried it again and see no reason to except to maybe cut costs by possibly needing less of the racetams. Once I find the right dose racetams work fine for me without choline. I also notice no differences from changes in diet or vitamin supplements.

http://www.ladyjayes.com/bringonrain.html
Akane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akane View Post
All of them have had the same effects on me. The oxiracetam just takes less, doesn't have any taste, and didn't cause side effects like piracetam. Due to insomnia I'm not allowed caffiene or any stimulants and I have various attention and memory issues probably both from not sleeping and from the meds I need to get to sleep. Racetams increase alertness and concentration with none of the bad effects of caffiene. This by itself tends to make me more talkative rather than zoning out or conserving energy by avoiding conversation. Another plus for them over caffeine is that I can stop them cold and the worst that happens is I go back to the same level of alertness and concentration as before I first started taking any. Also racetams seem to prevent some of the headaches I always get and improves my short term memory. Not perfectly but now instead of standing in the middle of the store having no idea what I came there for I can eventually get through my whole list. It just drives my husband insane because I cannot remember it in any type of order or organization so we end up zig zagging back and forth across the store until my brain runs out of things it can remember. It may improve motivation a little overall but it's hard to tell since my other meds change so constantly anymore and my motivation is never consistent from one pill combination to the next. No impact on sleep good or bad except one occasion where I used an empty valerian root bottle with the label colored in to contain my aniracetam filled capsules. This practice ended when I realized that in the dark I couldn't tell whether the label was colored in or not and accidentally took 3 aniracetam (usual is 1-2 but I forget how many mg each one holds) instead of valerian root. I realized the next day why I had more trouble sleeping.

I bought some choline once and took it for maybe a month but after seeing no difference I forgot about it. I haven't tried it again and see no reason to except to maybe cut costs by possibly needing less of the racetams. Once I find the right dose racetams work fine for me without choline. I also notice no differences from changes in diet or vitamin supplements.
nice, detailed input.