X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 06-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #21 (permalink)

I realize you were prescribed this but im giving fair warning as an ex speed user that amphetamines are a slippery slope, by the time i was done binging on adderall i hit an upwards of 120mgs at a time.
Lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus
I realize you were prescribed this but im giving fair warning as an ex speed user that amphetamines are a slippery slope, by the time i was done binging on adderall i hit an upwards of 120mgs at a time.
Can you elaborate on "amphetamines are a slippery slope"? Did you have a very harsh comedown on that high of a dose? I can see why they are so addictive, they feel great while they are working.
tooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus
Can you elaborate on "amphetamines are a slippery slope"? Did you have a very harsh comedown on that high of a dose? I can see why they are so addictive, they feel great while they are working.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooker
Having experiance with and being around amphetamine and methamphetamine users i can say that most of them started out simply using it as a tool to study or because it helped them pass the time on their graveyard shift at work or what not. "gosh this paper would be so much easier to write if i just snorted a line of crank". Of course over time this leads to people building a tolerance, the speed subtley over time invades their life. Then one night its 3 am and you've been awake for 4 days and you've long since forgot about those pesky reports you used to have to write or that job you got fired from your only worry is about scoring more dope.

Taking 30mgs a day isnt going to lead you to that but your comment about "i feel like i could do anything on adderall" reminded me of myself when i was much younger. Infact, im sure i said those exact words and it got me thinking about speed and and how it stealthfully invades your life without you even knowing.
Lupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I've been taking the Adderall a couple weeks now in a row, and I feel the comedown is not as harsh anymore. Probably because my body is getting used to it.

I am dealing with it much better as well! I can usually sleep at night. You are up to 30??? My doctor prescribed me 60mg a day the first time he ever met me! He gave me 90 freakin' pills for the next 30 days...
I think that is crazy... I'm only taking 40 a day though, cause with 60 I won't be able to sleep. I am MUCH more productive at work now. The downside of it though, is I abuse them on the weekends when I am drinking.

I like being able to talk to other people in the same situation. It makes me feel much better about taking them.
skigirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigirl81
Quote:
I've been taking the Adderall a couple weeks now in a row, and I feel the comedown is not as harsh anymore. Probably because my body is getting used to it.

I am dealing with it much better as well! I can usually sleep at night. You are up to 30??? My doctor prescribed me 60mg a day the first time he ever met me! He gave me 90 freakin' pills for the next 30 days...
I think that is crazy... I'm only taking 40 a day though, cause with 60 I won't be able to sleep. I am MUCH more productive at work now. The downside of it though, is I abuse them on the weekends when I am drinking.

I like being able to talk to other people in the same situation. It makes me feel much better about taking them.
Wow, I thought 30 mg was a lot. Do you have a pretty harsh comedown on that dose? I feel much more productive also at work. The bad thing is I am only prescribed 20 mg, but take more than im supposed to some days. 20 mg just isnt enough when I have to get things done
DAmn ADD!
Old 06-24-2006, 02:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

Well, it was harsh at first... but its not so bad anymore. I don't take 60 a day usually but I can def. tell a difference in the comedown when I do.

I took a bunch last night while drinking, and went to bed at like 9:00 this morning... then I feel guilty about it. Alcohol turns me into a leaky faucet...

You should tell your doctor to prescribe you a larger dosage. As long as you don't abuse it, I think 40 mg a day is the way to go. But that's just my personal opinion
skigirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote