X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Medication

Old 08-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Adderall 10mg - no effect

I took my first adderall pill today to see what it would do. It was a cor brand 10mg pill. It's been about 3 hours since I've taken it and I swear it has had absolutely no effect on me. Not on my hunger, not even on my concentration. I feel a little sweaty but it's hot outside anyway. I feel like I've taken a placebo. I'm going to wait a few days to try 20mg again and see if that makes a difference. If not, maybe I'll try a different brand. I have heard some bad things about the cor brand on the internet. If that doesn't work, I guess adderall just doesn't work on me for some reason.

I understand that 10mg is a low dose but considering this was my first time using it and I only weigh 114 pounds, I thought it would do SOMETHING at least. But no, nothing. Has this happened to anyone?
thephantommenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

It hasn't happened to me with Adderall, but that was my experience with Klonopin. Every other benzo I have taken I get an effect from, but not Klonopin. I tried different brands and extremely high doses but the drug just doesn't affect me.

Try a higher dose, if nothing then it could be a bad batch, talk to the pharmacist and try a different brand. Good luck.

Since Adderall is mixed amphetamine salts, I imagine that one of the isomers in the mix should affect you. Like my experience with Klonopin shows that sometimes one particular drug just doesn't "work" for someone; Adderall is a bit less specific of a drug so it seem highly unlikely that the right dose of good Adderall simply would have no effect on you, but it is possible. Human physiology is weird. Good luck.
istayhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well it's been about 7 hours now about the time the drug should be wearing off and I've felt absolutely nothing. No good effects and no bad ones either. I don't know what it is, but very disappointing first experience with adderall. Well, at least I didn't die. In a few days I'll try 20mg and see if that does anything.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Interesting.

A clear response would certainly be expected from 10mg in somebody who's never used stimulants before.

Amphetamines are one of the relatively few drugs that produce a clear & positive effect on me. Most meds I find useless or worse than useless (meaning side effects, without any positive effect).
UltraShy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Would someone with ADHD not be able to tell if they're on an amphetamine or not?
istayhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy View Post
Interesting.

A clear response would certainly be expected from 10mg in somebody who's never used stimulants before.

Amphetamines are one of the relatively few drugs that produce a clear & positive effect on me. Most meds I find useless or worse than useless (meaning side effects, without any positive effect).
What brand do you use? I've been reading through some other forums and I've found a couple people who have said taking a cor adderall pill for them was like taking a sugar pill.

Quote:
Would someone with ADHD not be able to tell if they're on an amphetamine or not?
I don't know... but um... well let's just say that I might not have ADHD.