Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

5mg klonopin a day...drinking for a month..CT?

592 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  UltraShy 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have been on 5mg klonopin a day for about a year now. Over the last month I kind of fell off some and have had about 10-12 drinks per night. I want to CT the alcohol, but am nervous about the effects it could have, as I know what can happen when you CT benzos.

I know I have been drinking heavy, but has it been long enough? If I CT the alcohol and stick with with the 5mg of klonopin am I gonna have seizures/wd from the alcohol? Should I drop it to say 4 beers for a few beers then hop off? Did not really want to post this as I am not sure if I am going to like the answers but hopefully it's not to bad.

Thank you for your input.

#2 ·
Just cut down on the booze a bit and see how you feel. And go from there. In the vast majority of situations, there's no benefit to CT things.

#4 ·
What does CT mean?:stu 5 mg of Klonopin most certainly won't do any harm at all, seeing how it's approve for use up to 20 mg per day (for seizures).

I agree that 10-12 drinks a night is grossly excessive. Keep in mind that alcohol is one of the most toxic substances on Earth and it has killed more people than every other drug combined.

Just reduce your alcohol consumption. Have 12 today, 11 the next day, 10, 9, 8... and so on. You need not entirely stop drinking. You just need to bring it down to safe & sane levels.

I can tell you that I took a lot more than the equivalent of 5 mg of Klonopin in the last 24 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.