Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Escaping the 9-5 taking too long

674 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tofuescape 
#1 ·
I'm trying to work to build a business while working full-time but I find myself growing real impatient. It's likely that I'll have to tolerate my current job for a year or more even. I find it a struggle to even last a few more days. I hate taking calls everyday for a few bucks an hour. I hate the company I work for because they own my life and freedom, I hate all large corporate companies in fact. I wish I could break free now without going homeless.

#3 ·
I know what you mean. I worked in both call centers and warehouses. Worst of both worlds. One's monotonous emotional labor and the other is monotonous physical labor. Both stressful at that as I got to keep up with certain numbers or I don't make the cut.
I would love to make a living developing a video game or creating music, but pfft good luck with that.

#4 ·
OP, can you find some other way to make money while you figure **** out/work on your side business? For example, I did research studies for a good part of this year, and made about $12k altogether. I'm also trying to get into freelance writing and maybe doing transcription/virtual assistant work online. If you haven't gone to college yet, maybe take some classes, there's also a lot of funding for students that usually helps with living costs, depending on where you live.

If the job is that terrible and you see no end in sight (as in a year or more), yeah, I'd say quit. There are always other ways to make some money, I'm learning.

#6 ·
Beja, you have value. You just have to find your niche, and stop trying to live the same boring *** life everyone else is living. We're not like them, and not just because of our illness, but because we're more sensitive, aware, and see the world for what it truly is. We don't have the blinders most people seem to have on. Hope you reflect and start to get a glimpse of what it is you're meant to do, it's hard, still struggling with it myself.

#7 ·
I'd second what elijahsusername has said, going part time or reducing your hours if possible might make it more bearable plus it'll give you more time to focus on building your business up. As much as it probably sucks a year or that bit more isn't long I mean a lot of us doing the ole 9-5 don't have the know-how to build a business so I really hope you succeed and get to be your own boss. Try your best to keep positive

#8 ·
Yeah, I agree with him too. I want to go part time but the cost of living is too high if I live alone. I currently stay with my mom and pay $500 a month, which still feels like a lot because I pay about $350 in other bills every month on top of that. I could always rent a room for cheaper I suppose, but then dealing with other people ?. Apartments in the safer part of my state start at 750 a monthish. Some for $690 no utilities included. This is almost my entire income at $14/hr after taxes.

I already have a bachelors degree so can't make money from going to school :/. I like the research study idea, is there a place to find safe ones where I'm not a drug guinea pig? I've got some medical issues already so I can't be a lab rat.

Even thought of a second job to save faster but I'm studying for a certification to keep my current job, while trying to work on my business, pay medical bills, deal with chronic health problem, and apply for jobs in my field... it's just crazy rn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.