Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Who the heck is Tony Robbins?!?!?!

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  gwen 
#1 ·
and why is he always here when I come to this forum??? No moreeeeeeeeeeeee Tony!

#2 ·
The poster boy of Neuro Linguistic Programming and Neuro Associative Conditioning. Both equally useless pop-psychology (IMO - I know that comment will attract heat but lets be honest, for SA its a bit like farting into a hurricane. Yes Ive tried it, many times. Farting and NLP) though he has made a huge amount of money out of it. Other NLP Names are Richard Badler, Richard Grindler and more recently Paul McKenna, who adds his 'hypnotic expertise', and no doubt marketability, to the mix.

Tony Robbins did appear in an episode of family guy and he eats Peter, check it on Youtube.

Picture your SA as a colour. Now see that colour draining away ... make the picture darker, smaller, smaller .... Now see yourself being entertaining and confident around people ... now really feel yourself inside that person, FEELING all those good feelings of CONN-FIDENTSSSSS .... :lol. Some of the internet dating gurus absolutely love it though - like David DeAngelo, Ross Jeffries, Neil Strauss refers to it in The Game ... It MIGHT help you in the dating arena ... I tried, it didnt ... :lol

Some of it does make you feel a bit better, and I can maybe see it helping 'healthy' people, but its not going to make a dent in an Axis I disorder, put it that way.

If its a username, I'd be surprised if its him - but if it is - Tony, love the suits!! ;)

Ross

#5 ·
Re: re: Who the heck is Tony Robbins?!?!?!

embers said:
whenever I think of tony robbins I also think of this guy...for some reason

and :yes to what Ross said. I think he might have an axis I disorder of mania.
:haha He does remind me of Guy Smiley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.