X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 08-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default When you feel rejected/are rejected

Being someone with social anxiety my emotional and social levels are probably retarded compared to a person who has a lot of friends. I was curious to know if when you feel rejected you feel a strong emotional outburst and almost can't control yourself? I've tried to make friends posting on forums where normal people post and such, and I am always usually rejected or ignored for some reason. When I begin to sense that people dislike me I will (often get drunk) and make really messed up posts insulting people, talking about how great I am, hitting on peoples girlfriends, post nude pictures that girls had sent me of themselves (things that would get someone beaten the hell up if it were real life) and then I will just leave the forum. I always feel terrible about it after the fact, I'm really not a jerk or a mean person but it seems that people don't even like the nice me. I've noticed a lot of trolls do the same (but they usually start off as trolls) I just become a troll I think because nobody could ever really like me or be my friend, even when I try to open up and be myself. It's a desperate need for attention but if no one likes me just being me, I think it's the only way I can get people to notice me. It's difficult to explain really. I just feel like some kind of feral animal trapped in a corner and in desperation my personality changes.

It's the same in real life for me as well I think, but I'm a passive person, so when I feel rejected and have no friends (my old job the only person who'd talked to me after 1 1/2 years of working their was some mexican gangster who would just bully and insult me) I feel the same way except I react by just wanting to kill myself or become a drug addict or something. Sucks being a natural loser I suppose.
Sad_ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default re: When you feel rejected/are rejected

Sounds like you are trying really hard for some sort of online attention and wanting people to like you, and if they don't you take it out on all them and just start trolling away. hell, i make stupid drunken posts also! i don't do any of the stuff you mentioned though! Thats pretty terrible to do man :P but i'll say whats on my mind more so when i'm drunk. At the time though in my drunken head it seems like the right things to say/do, but then i always feel bad. When i first started posting here everybody hated me! They still do but thats ok! they will learn to love me! Nah they wont!
SilentProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sucks too cause speaking of drinking i have a 12 pack on ice right now that i want to tap into sooo bad! Im saving it for friday night though cause i been drinking more then my usual twice a week the past two weeks, so i'm on liver break, plus i just worked out last night and i like to take a few days to recover before downing any alcohol. I think thats why i'm feeling so anxious right now, i keep telling myself to drink them now but i'm not going to! i'm not an alcoholic though, i only drink on days that end in the letter "Y"
Old 08-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well I used to drink a lot. Every night for a while. But I do it less than once a week. I think I'm just going to get a couple beers tonight to help me relax a little.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Re: re: When you feel rejected/are rejected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentProphet
Sucks too cause speaking of drinking i have a 12 pack on ice right now that i want to tap into sooo bad! Im saving it for friday night though cause i been drinking more then my usual twice a week the past two weeks, so i'm on liver break, plus i just worked out last night and i like to take a few days to recover before downing any alcohol. I think thats why i'm feeling so anxious right now, i keep telling myself to drink them now but i'm not going to! i'm not an alcoholic though, i only drink on days that end in the letter "Y"
LOL.

I drink almost every night. Even on nights that I work out. What the heck else am I going to do? I don't even have any friends.
Chameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

BTW I found that girl I posted pictures of myspace profile and really opened up and said I was sorry to her and that I was messed up and I only did it because I didn't like myself and she never responded to me. I really hate being the bad guy.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Actually that's classic, you want attention and people dont give it so you make a lot of noise to get it.

for me though its the other way round, I usually ignore other people and they try to get more of my attention or think I'm stuck up. I usually get rejected when they get to know me though.
SpeakUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

When I feel rejected, I get really hostile and mean to the people that I think rejected me. I guess I try to make it seem like I didn't like them first or something. I don't deal with rejection well tho, so I know how you feel.

"When I look down, I miss all the good stuff. When I look up, I just trip over things." -Ani DiFranco
Fragmntedsilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

I used to drink a lot and did a lot of drugs when I was in my 20s. Without that, I would have had no social life at all. I also used to be a bit of a troll in some of the chat rooms, just to get attention. All that destructive behavior comes from not accepting something about yourself. I really hated myself. It's hard for other people to like you when you don't like yourself.

The answer is self-acceptance. As you accept yourself, you'll find that other people accept and like you more, but that's not the goal. The goal is to like yourself. Develop your hobbies and interests and work on living in the present.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

wow Sad_ape, congrats on making a thread like this and admitting it ...i just hope it helps you change a lil

Quote:
When i first started posting here everybody hated me! They still do but thats ok!
wtf?!...i love you dog!...you know that...but dont get it twisted yo

Sig Status: God Level
inna sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

I don't get hostile when I am rejected, I usually don't know what to do and feel really akward. When I am accepted is when I feel much more confident and tougher.
Samdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

I often avoid people who I think have even the slightest chance of rejecting me, so I am almost never rejected. Nowadays if I am rejected, I try not to show any hurt to the person and struggle not to become passive aggressive. When I was younger I really didn't deal with rejection well. I'm afraid of my own immaturity.
sonya99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moksha
wow Sad_ape, congrats on making a thread like this and admitting it ...i just hope it helps you change a lil

Quote:
When i first started posting here everybody hated me! They still do but thats ok!
wtf?!...i love you dog!...you know that...but dont get it twisted yo
Stay doe boy fresh! Ok who is ready to drink? grab a bottle and lets get busy! Nothing beats drinking alone on a Friday night and posting on a forum!
Nobody is on my messenger list to chat with either! All i have is girls though from here on my list and 1 dude!!! Why is that? Only girls want to chat with me! Is it the same with the women on here? all they have is guys? wtf!