Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Thought this might be worth sharing

1K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  LonelyLurker 
#1 ·
Just saw this and thought some people here may be able to relate to certain parts. I think a lot of us are probably hiding in plain sight.

Hopefully someone gets something out of it.

Over and out.

#4 ·
You're welcome.

Thanks for sharing that. I could relate to a lot of it, except for the part about it being secret.
Well if you ever find yourself in a position like the one at the end of the video you may as well just go ahead and ask (if they already know, what have you got to lose?).

#6 ·
No need to feel depressed (though you're allowed to of course), I myself thought having any of those issues would be a significant upgrade. Those thoughts just make me laugh though (even though they are true) I seem to have accidentally stumbled into some sort of zen state some years back.

#12 ·
I wish I just had issues with making relationships lol. Would kill to have a nice, job, car, etc. I have a lot to work on.

#18 ·
(I should just say "you're welcome" but she probably doesn't care what I have to say anyway. It's probably safer if I just keep quiet, at least then I won't be ignored. If only I could come up with a clever way to reference the end of the video then I'd be worth talking to, I'll never be able to do that though.)

:smile2:

#26 ·
But damn I wish there was a club/group like this......we don't even have an anxiety group in my area. :crying:

#31 ·
This cartoon, well, its how I feel most of the time. Its awful, because when I finally get around people, who are being nice to me, I have to confess to them what a loser I am. Its like, I need to tell them, so they don't feel tricked or manipulated - so later, they can't be like, wow, I thought you were cool and fun, but that isn't you at all.

I just forced myself to call back three clients. Now my heart is racing. Its awful. It shouldn't cause that much stress to interact with people.

Good thing I don't have to leave the house all that often.

#34 ·
This cartoon, well, its how I feel most of the time. Its awful, because when I finally get around people, who are being nice to me, I have to confess to them what a loser I am. Its like, I need to tell them, so they don't feel tricked or manipulated - so later, they can't be like, wow, I thought you were cool and fun, but that isn't you at all.

I just forced myself to call back three clients. Now my heart is racing. Its awful. It shouldn't cause that much stress to interact with people.

Good thing I don't have to leave the house all that often.
Unless they're asking you to hang out, go to parties etc. there's no need to "out yourself" :). If that does happen you can use the patented LonelyLurker response, "I'm not really the partying type, but thanks for asking, you have a good time".

I hear you about the stress that can come from talking to people, I hope it gets better for you in time.

Hmm, you said "ouch", how does that make you feel? (leans head to the side and looks at you from over the glasses resting on my nose, like a true professional)

That was a good video. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
Glad you liked it, there are a few more online, you might like some of them too (some are better than others).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.