X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 09-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default The front Passenger seat

I hate being with the person driving.. hate it i rather be at the back. ): who else?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Im usually never in a situation when I'm in a car with more then two people (counting myself), but I'd rather be in the front. I have to be able to watch who is driving, and see the road. It's a habit but ultimately I only trust myself driving. Nothing against whoever I'm with, but I know what I'm thinking/doing. I don't know that with whoever else is driving. The few times I have been with three people (including myself), I have to have someone sitting next to me, front or back. If not I'll feel like I'm left out of the conversation that's taking place by the other two people. Don't know if I'm the only one that's like that, but It's a situation I've rarely been in.
“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”

-John Adams 1789
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Stuff sucks man.
Callsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't drive but it's almost impossible for me to sit in the front. I not only get butterflies, but just being on busy roads next to all of these cars is nerve-wracking. If I'm in the front, I have to watch the road, no matter how terrifying it is.
rikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

So many similarities
Old 09-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Being in the front is awkward. It's too close for me and it's like, you're expected to not be a bore. I want to shrink and go away.
Why did it all turn out like this for me? I had so much promise. I was personable, I was bright. Oh, maybe not academically speaking, but I was perceptive. I always know when someone's uncomfortable at a party. It became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made, in my entire life, has been wrong. My life is the opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat, it's all been wrong.
minimized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

I rather sit in the front, but then again, it's rare for there to be anyone else in the car with me. I'm usually the driver anyways.

Never lose your flames.
Raynic781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

People will stare at you if you're in the front passenger seat. I just think it's weird when people stare at others inside the car especially during a red light. Wtf. That's why I got my windows tinted.
Farideh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Being up in the front seat does put more pressure on me to not be a bore, yeah. I prefer the back, but if it's a situation with three people, then I feel kind of left out.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

I used to always ride in the back of my mother's car, until my dad made fun of me for doing that; why, at my age (I was younger than I am now but still an adult), was I still riding in the back like a little kid? ;_; So I started riding in the front seat.

I now rather prefer it because it's just more comfortable for me (I can barely get a back-seat seatbelt on anymore, they're so damn cramped!--plus if the car is full, I'm wedged in there with at least two other people ), and it's kind of awkward to be in the back seat if I want to be talking to her. If somebody unfamiliar is driving, well...I might feel like I'd be more comfortable in the back seat, but then I'd feel like they might think I'm snubbing them, and I'd feel rude, so... :/

I guess I just sit wherever the other people in the car want me to sit. Even if I don't really want to sit there. One thing though, I REFUSE to sit in the middle of the back seat. I must have an escape route open!

Fortunately situations like this don't come up too often...I don't go out much. :/

(Devetko's boyfriend Stan Brooks & Det. Reichert are horsing around.)

Det. Kristeva: "If it were legal you'd marry me, right?"
Det. Devetko: "Definitely."

"No canoes...no maple sugar...this place is horribly uncivilized."--Manabozho, Escape From Manitou Island

I'm a go-getter! I go and get it. Then I bring it back!

"Don't overthink the metaphor, Cartwright!"
tehuti88 is offline   Reply With Quote