Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Teachers

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Banzai 
#1 ·
I am crap at Maths but I can't ask for help. I can't even give any teachers eye contact for longer than 5 secs. My Maths teacher rang my mum today and said I didn't do my homework. I can't do the maths so my mum said "see your teacher" but that would involve 1 on 1 interacting with her which will probably induce a panic attack. Any suggestions? Thanks.

#2 ·
i can relate to what you're saying - I wouldn't say I was crap at maths, I was just extremely hesistant in it to the point where I developed a somewhat avoidant personality of anything maths related - however, it was because my maths class had 32 people in it so it was hardly the place where you could simply "ask for help" (I went to a crap state school) - I suggest you to use this glorious entity called the internet which seems to be helping many of us SA-ers out - try BBC bitesize and learn from there or posting your questions on somewhere like Yahoo Answers or perhaps a maths website or even here - I'm sure some of us will be more than happy to help out.

#3 ·
I think it's so cute how you call 'math' 'maths'. Love it. In US, you can get an IEP, individualized education plan, that can state you need one on one help with math and that you have SA and need the teacher or tutor, whoever, to accommodate you by for ex. approaching you each day for individual explanation of the math.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.