X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 07-02-2011, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sometimes I just feel empty, like I'm nothing, no-one

You know those days when you just can't get out of bed at all and you stay in it 'till 3pm and then you get up but don't eat, talk to someone or do anything at all and the entire day was just a waste because all you really did was sit on the couch and stare into the distance with a cigarette and a beer like a zombie? Those days that you don't feel happy and you don't feel particularly unhappy, you just feel nothing, like nothing at all matters, that the outside world is almost non-existent and you're not connected to anything or anyone? And then you also stay up the entire night, going on doing nothing. And it's like you're the most small unimportant uncaring meaningless pointless worthloss low-life son of a ***** on the planet. Well, those days, they suck.

Sometimes it's great to be numb. Feeling nothing feels great sometimes. I know that's kind of contradicting but you get it. It's just that those days seem to be happening more and more lately. I can't get myself to do anything. Too tired. Too uninterested. The world is boring, scary, evil and without meaning. Why the hell stay in this place. Does this sound familiar to anyone of you? Anyway just needed to get this out of my system.
nothingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

I know how you feel.

Feeling of emptiness, worthlessness and so on...like you have nothing to live for, nothing to achieve. No purpose.

I wish i was your age again though. I'd do so many things differently. It's not too late for you, do well at your studies and find a career goal. I'm nearly 10 years older than you and don't have one, don't think i ever will have one.
Jaysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

yea pretty much, i have had some very empty meaningless days where i am just staring into outer space and dont really feel anything. I could stare at the mirror for half an hour to an hour just thinking, then just stand in the shower for an hour not really thinking about anything, then sit on my bed for 3-4 hours, just thinking. It sounds like disassociation and depression. To me it seems like i space out to avoid my life. The best thing i have done lately is just accepting the life i have rather than spending countless hours thinking about thinking about it. It seems to work for now, you choose your own reality from your subconscious mind
changeforthebetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well try to read a book while you got nothing to do , i know its like you wanna do something you leave it for another day but at least you are challenging yourself to do something or nothing instead , you know its mentally better that there is something to do even when you are at home sitting on the coach i really understand that , sometimes im sitting on coach doing nothing and i dont even bother to read a book , but again one hour later or the next day i challenge myself and grab a book , and trust me once you grab the book you can stick to it for few hours , thats good
but outside experience is much better , but most of the time i feel like ok i go out of the door but then where i go afterward ?!
Corw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Wow, I did not know that zoning out was a part of SA. I find myself doing this all of the time. For some reason, I usually feel better after dark. So I will zone out all day until the sun goes down and then I feel a little better. It's a little different on the days I have to work though.
michaelj203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelj203 View Post
Wow, I did not know that zoning out was a part of SA. I find myself doing this all of the time. For some reason, I usually feel better after dark. So I will zone out all day until the sun goes down and then I feel a little better. It's a little different on the days I have to work though.
lol man thats right , me too , i always feel much better when the sun goes down , i usually have a much more positive perspective on everything ! thats probably because we know even if we want there is not that much we can do in the midnight ! the situation reminds me of vampires lol
Corw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

You're seeing the world through dark lenses. Nothing seems worth it. You can't see the future because it's hopeless, the past torments you incessantly.

You've heard it before and I'm going to say it again, you have to ignite yourself, to push yourself to do something, anything! Get active, do some exercises, get the blood circulating in the body. Don't fall victim to the your mind, for right now it has power over you, but inevitably you have power over it.

You being on the board and talking about it is pushing yourself, get at it
SolaceChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

I know exactly how you feel. When you are aware of just how alone you are in the worldk marooned on the island of our self, live and die there alone, cut off from all the other islands no matter how many or near they may be we can not swim across the straits, swap our island for a different one. We try to transorm our islands into tropical paradises, and busy ourselves with work, hanging out at the bar with friends, watching tv, or playing xbox, all means to an end all just colorful distractions to try to eliminate the lonliness but when you are truly aware of your dispair these distractions that turn others islands into paradise only make you all the more stranded on your own island of dispair.
taylor15678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
You know those days when you just can't get out of bed at all and you stay in it 'till 3pm and then you get up but don't eat, talk to someone or do anything at all and the entire day was just a waste because all you really did was sit on the couch and stare into the distance with a cigarette and a beer like a zombie? Those days that you don't feel happy and you don't feel particularly unhappy, you just feel nothing, like nothing at all matters, that the outside world is almost non-existent and you're not connected to anything or anyone? And then you also stay up the entire night, going on doing nothing. And it's like you're the most small unimportant uncaring meaningless pointless worthloss low-life son of a ***** on the planet. Well, those days, they suck.

Sometimes it's great to be numb. Feeling nothing feels great sometimes. I know that's kind of contradicting but you get it. It's just that those days seem to be happening more and more lately. I can't get myself to do anything. Too tired. Too uninterested. The world is boring, scary, evil and without meaning. Why the hell stay in this place. Does this sound familiar to anyone of you? Anyway just needed to get this out of my system.
Hi there, i feel the same right now. Truth is that thinking about the state of things in the world in a passive manner (letting your negative thoughts dominate you) will perpetuate the way your state of being. Sometimes we do get in a slump or let the negative things in life put us in a slump. The key to staying motivated is finding your personal belief in a higher power, knowing that there is a power of goodness that surpasses this whole boring, scary and evil world. And that power WILL come through in the end. Hold on to that higher power and believe in it. Talk to it like youre talking to a close friend and tell it your most scariest honest thoughts and also what you hope for. Ask for help. But dont stay there and wait. Remember A LOT of people feel the way that you do....you are definitely not alone!!! We are all in this great big ship together! Truth is there is something amazing beyond this ship. But meanwhile, there are also good fun things to do here and now. Dont lose hope, pick yourself up, get busy with something good, many people need you in their lives..just your presence or a phone call will make another human so happy....because as you go through your loneliness and despair, many others are doing the exact same thing and need encouragement. Take an interest in others...help them. It always pays off in someway or other. And remember you mean a lot, even though the world makes you think youre unimportant. You can do it!
Laura43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

****, i know that feeling
Rubiconmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolaceChaser View Post
You're seeing the world through dark lenses. Nothing seems worth it. You can't see the future because it's hopeless, the past torments you incessantly.

You've heard it before and I'm going to say it again, you have to ignite yourself, to push yourself to do something, anything! Get active, do some exercises, get the blood circulating in the body. Don't fall victim to the your mind, for right now it has power over you, but inevitably you have power over it.

You being on the board and talking about it is pushing yourself, get at it
Some great words there
Rubiconmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

Poetry is full of emptiness, sometimes read others help me a lot. Thanks.
GinaSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingman View Post
I can't get myself to do anything. Too tired. Too uninterested. The world is boring, scary, evil and without meaning. Why the hell stay in this place. Does this sound familiar to anyone of you?
Yes, I'm in bed right now. And I don't have a beer but I go outside every two hours and smoke half a cigarette. And I feel lost, exhausted, adrift...I do feel sad, though. Been crying a bit. So I feel numb....and then sad.
housebunny is offline   Reply With Quote