X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 11-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post Sometimes I dont want to talk to anyone...

Sometimes I get in this mood where I just want everyone to leave me alone. Every weekend, I am like this. I just want to get away from the world and enjoy complete solitude. On weekdays, I have to interact with a lot of people on a daily basis at college, so on the weekends, I dont even like talking on the phone at all.

I've been really irritable lately. My mom has been bothering and keeps nagging me on every little thing. All I want is some peace and alone time. I dont know if I am getting irritated because I dont have enough time to myself or if its just because of other things. But I feel really irritated by everything. I feel like Ive shut down. I dont want to even do anything but chill.

As much as I want to have friends, there are times when I just want to be alone and not bothered by anyone. Sometimes I just want to play games alone and its very relaxing.

Do youll go through stuff like this????
and wash the ruins of your life
VivaEmptinessRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Oh, yes, I definitely go through this. I feel like I get tired from everything and nothing, and I'm just waiting for this feeling to go away so I can make friends and actually start living (which I know sounds terrible).

nd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
bunnyonthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnyonthemoon View Post
Oh, yes, I definitely go through this. I feel like I get tired from everything and nothing, and I'm just waiting for this feeling to go away so I can make friends and actually start living (which I know sounds terrible).
No, its not terrible.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

I get this feeling everyday and whenever i have the chance i go all alone.
You should talk to your mom and tell her to stop doing what she is doing (without shouting or screamin in her face)
And you should make or go to a place that nobody knows except you.
7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I know what you mean kinda feeling like this today.
Rossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have that feeling today and i can really relate to how you feel. I hope this will get better one day :/
kingedward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

I recognize this too. Sometimes I just want to sit down in total tranquility and talking almost becomes painful but unfortunately people take it the wrong way and then I end up feeling guilty and forcing myself to talk when I really feel drained ( especially when I've been around people for a certain amount of time, could be hours or days). I don't get why people want to talk all day non-stop.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'm like this all the time even though I do want friends. It's pathetic that I can't even make friends in college. No guys won't come up to me either.
shelbster18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah. Sometimes I get sick of talking to people and just want to stay away from everyone and stop trying to talk to people. Some days i think i want to just completely give up talking to people because i feel like it's pointless. It's the small stuff that people say, that annoys me so much sometimes. Or their behaviours that most people wouldn't mind, but which bother me so much.
Boring Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

I've been feelin like this all yesturday and today. I even ended up making up excuses to my friends so I didn't have to hang out. Need to find a better balance between the two.
Citrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

All day, every day...well, not quite, but 95% of the time, I am a mute...even online, IM'ing takes every ounce of energy I have. I'm not sure how to change it though, just saying you're not alone in how you feel.

-Ricky Williams blames pot for his failed NFL drug test
the cheat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaEmptinessRoses View Post
Sometimes I get in this mood where I just want everyone to leave me alone. Every weekend, I am like this. I just want to get away from the world and enjoy complete solitude. On weekdays, I have to interact with a lot of people on a daily basis at college, so on the weekends, I dont even like talking on the phone at all.

I've been really irritable lately. My mom has been bothering and keeps nagging me on every little thing. All I want is some peace and alone time. I dont know if I am getting irritated because I dont have enough time to myself or if its just because of other things. But I feel really irritated by everything. I feel like Ive shut down. I dont want to even do anything but chill.

As much as I want to have friends, there are times when I just want to be alone and not bothered by anyone. Sometimes I just want to play games alone and its very relaxing.

Do youll go through stuff like this????
I feel like this alot,so I know just how you feel. It seems like every time I leave the house(when I get the courage up) it doesn't take long at all for someone to say something smart to me. Then I wonder why I left the house in the first place. It really doesn't take very much to make me feel bad. I even wake up crying sometimes, cause I even have dreams about noone liking me too much. I've always seemed out of sorts with what society wants me to be like. I'm not even sure what is really expected of me,except what my Father yells at me about. (even though I'm over 50, that doesn't matter to him) I've always felt like a sort of "Misfit", as I don't go along with a crowd. I don't do drugs,or drink,or even have sex anymore. Even guys I'm attracted to seem like they have other vices I can't deal with or I may not be attractive to them. And if I am attracive to them, then they pay too much attention to me,and I shut down, and reject them. It's terrible sometimes to be me.
OuttaMyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaMyTree View Post
I feel like this alot,so I know just how you feel. It seems like every time I leave the house(when I get the courage up) it doesn't take long at all for someone to say something smart to me. Then I wonder why I left the house in the first place. It really doesn't take very much to make me feel bad. I even wake up crying sometimes, cause I even have dreams about noone liking me too much. I've always seemed out of sorts with what society wants me to be like. I'm not even sure what is really expected of me,except what my Father yells at me about. (even though I'm over 50, that doesn't matter to him) I've always felt like a sort of "Misfit", as I don't go along with a crowd. I don't do drugs,or drink,or even have sex anymore. Even guys I'm attracted to seem like they have other vices I can't deal with or I may not be attractive to them. And if I am attracive to them, then they pay too much attention to me,and I shut down, and reject them. It's terrible sometimes to be me.
I'm so sorry about everything. A lot of the stuff you mentioned, I go through as well in my life.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

yep, i'm like this. i like being left alone. that's why i don't mind if i go out or not. my SA is very mild and i can talk if i want to but most of the time i don't want to. i don't want to have to constantly come up with questions and topics to talk about so it's better to keep quiet.

"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I need it the most." - Swedish proverb

"Society is like a crowd in carnival costumes with everyone fearful that others will see through his disguise." - Vernon Howard.
mysterioussoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

yeah ur mom sounds alot like my dad he nags at me for every little thing.....I actually just posted a whole thread on it. I'm getting very irritable living here.
ak2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

I always feel like this. Sometimes when I am excited about going somewhere with friends, I have so much energy, but when I actually meet them, I get so tired. I think this is an energy thing. No matter how much I sleep, when I have to interact with people, I get super tired. I only have energy when reading things online which is really sad.

There is so much pressure to do well and to just be friendly to people, but I don't have energy for that. Normal people get grouch when they get off work but it's like permanent for me.
hopethishelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Yeah i can get like this quite often - maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Sometimes it can last hours, other times maybe half an hour to an hour. Depends.

Even when my mood has been ok throughout the day, it can just come on randomly and i get into a severely depressed state. It's quite scary actually and my family don't know what the hell it is.
Jaysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #18 (permalink)

I get that way almost every school morning, and i try my best to brush it off as sleepiness or being tired but most of the time i just dont want to be talked to or botherd. I end up feeling guilty becuse i tend to treat the few freinds i do have with a cold shoulder sometimes. Then i kinda get paranoid becuse i dont want them to think that im mad at them or anything like that. Most of the time i just want to be alone.
keyla965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

If I must be lonely, I think I'd rather be alone.

-Stabbing Westward, "Save Yourself"
identitycrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #20 (permalink)

I feel like that most of the time, and my mom is rather nagging too. I will talk to people at school and enjoy it, but that's because I have to be at school anyway. If it's my alone time, I don't want to "waste" it on social interaction when I could be doing so many other activities that I value.