X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 07-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Social anxiety is ruining my life

I am 19 years old and stopped working about 3 months ago because i had problems with my girlfriend and was extremely worried. I also worked with shifts at night and during all the night. I couldnt handle it and was going to work almost sleepy because my mind couldnt get off from thoughts and i couldnt sleep.

I had this problem because the job was boring also. I was getting awefull social anxiety attacks too. Worried before sleeping , thinking i was wasting my life at work ,

Now i found another job for the rest of summer and im feeling very anxious again. Excited all the time for no reason. I also sometimes try to find excuses for not attending a job interview or always thinking to quit from work because i found a job last week and began today. Its a job with shift too but not night shifts.I get very very anxious becuase im always thinking time is not going to pass by.

When i get excited and anxious , i feel strengthless and cant concentrate.

At night im always worried because i may wake up late for work or think that there is not much time left for the next day at work although there is !

What can i do ?

Im also worried because my relationship with my girlfriend is going to be ruined because there is less time for us to meet and enjoy together.

My whole family dont agree with me when i tell them to quit a job because of the anxiety ruining me . I know i need money until i go back to school , but this is ruining me

I am going to talk to a physiocologist on later on this week . Im also waiting for some interviews regarding a part time sales person and technical support agent because i am heading back to school.

Could this be because i do not love my jobs ?
dazkyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey,

First, let me just say, you're lucky you have a job and girlfriend. I can't imagine having either with the state I'm in.

Second, I can relate to making excuses and such. I constantly make excuses about why I can't do this and that. Also, about family not understanding, I can relate to that also. Nobody in my family understands the way I am because they aren't that way. I feel like an alien compared to them.

Anyway, PM if you need someone to talk to.
Adam and Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam and Eve View Post
Hey,

First, let me just say, you're lucky you have a job and girlfriend. I can't imagine having either with the state I'm in.

Second, I can relate to making excuses and such. I constantly make excuses about why I can't do this and that. Also, about family not understanding, I can relate to that also. Nobody in my family understands the way I am because they aren't that way. I feel like an alien compared to them.

Anyway, PM if you need someone to talk to.
This anxiety is ruining me. Should i leave the job ?
Old 07-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazkyl View Post
This anxiety is ruining me. Should i leave the job ?
Depends. Can you handle the job or not? I can only speak from my own personal life, and I can say that I can't handle a job, so I can't have one. So I guess the question is: Can you handle the job enough to stay? If so, then stay. If you honestly feel that you can't handle it, then leave. You should never force to much on yourself...no matter if that's what "normal" people do or not. Even though I sit inside all day without working or anything else, I know I do it because I have no choice thanks to my SA(and other problems). You shouldn't work if it's too mentally stressful you. That's how I feel.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Depends. Can you handle the job or not? I can only speak from my own personal life, and I can say that I can't handle a job, so I can't have one. So I guess the question is: Can you handle the job enough to stay? If so, then stay. If you honestly feel that you can't handle it, then leave. You should never force to much on yourself...no matter if that's what "normal" people do or not. Even though I sit inside all day without working or anything else, I know I do it because I have no choice thanks to my SA(and other problems). You shouldn't work if it's too mentally stressful you. That's how I feel.
I couldnt handle the job so i informed the company i am going to stop. I will continue my studied at school in IT. I think i would manage just fine working on IT and computer (thats what i love and thats what i do best). When i stop going to a job i dont like , i feel fine again.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
My girlfriend said that she cant live a normal life with me because of my current problem. She's always saying that she wants to travel somewhere for christmas ,etc , but cant because of me. She do not care about my health at all. She is forcing me to attend the job that i dont like becuase of money. And she hardly believe me anxiety problem. Should i terminate the relationship ?
Old 07-23-2013, 04:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I couldnt handle the job so i informed the company i am going to stop. I will continue my studied at school in IT. I think i would manage just fine working on IT and computer (thats what i love and thats what i do best). When i stop going to a job i dont like , i feel fine again.
That's good. I personally don't think anyone should do something they can't do, no matter what society says. And there's a difference between not being able to do something and just being lazy. Mental problems are real.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
My girlfriend said that she cant live a normal life with me because of my current problem. She's always saying that she wants to travel somewhere for christmas ,etc , but cant because of me. She do not care about my health at all. She is forcing me to attend the job that i dont like becuase of money. And she hardly believe me anxiety problem. Should i terminate the relationship ?
I think you should end it. I don't know her, but from what you've posted, she doesn't sound good for you. Take it from someone who's been single for years: it's better to be single than to be with someone who doesn't understand and ignores your problems. IMO, anyway...
Old 07-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I think you should end it. I don't know her, but from what you've posted, she doesn't sound good for you. Take it from someone who's been single for years: it's better to be single than to be with someone who doesn't understand and ignores your problems. IMO, anyway...
I think i will end it and focus on my studies.