Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

sensitivity radar

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BMSMA1A2B3 
#1 ·
this is what my therapist calls my thinking before talking to anyone.

my held assumptions, beliefs, understandings, interpretations of everyday people

mostly negative..like ..this person doesn't have the same values, beliefs, worldview, or this person will never understand me...or this person is different in whatever way

he suggests to me to lower this down or else it's impossible to meeting anyone and attaining friendship

does anyone else have this?

#2 ·
It's difficult to find people that you can easily click with and find the same morals and values.

Like for example, I was talking to someone the other night off of some dating site and they told me that they drink and drive. I don't agree with this at all. I'm totally against drinking and driving.

I feel like I can't find anyone who is like me either, so it's not only you who feels like this.

#3 ·
SAgirl said:
It's difficult to find people that you can easily click with and find the same morals and values.

Like for example, I was talking to someone the other night off of some dating site and they told me that they drink and drive. I don't agree with this at all. I'm totally against drinking and driving.

I feel like I can't find anyone who is like me either, so it's not only you who feels like this.
I want to find a female version of myself, basically. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.