Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Scared to ask the boss

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ApatheticJalapeno 
#1 ·
My manager doesn't always have the answers and so I should probably be deferring my questions to the owner. A couple of clients issues have been left unresolved for a few months because I avoid talking to him on most occasions (i freeze up around him and can't think because i find him intimidating.) I feel like a total dumb### for not being able to do my job properly :*(

#2 ·
My boss is near on 7ft tall, has the most deepest and accusatory tone around, and everytime I look up into his piercing gaze, tilting my head backwards 45 degrees, I find myself trembling with fear and trepidation.

I think all bosses are supposed to be intimidating to subordinate workers, however, it's how well you deal with the scare tactics that counts. Something I have not yet myself learned to master. Good luck, sorry I cannot offer anything more.

#3 ·
I not only had a job as a semi-sales person at Teavana, but I had a boss in her 30s who was very attracted to me (I was 22 at the time).

Not only was I intimidated by her very forward advances, but my co-workers hated me because they thought I was sleeping with her on the side and receiving special treatment for it. Never slept with her, quit my job. :no Friends gave me so much sh!t for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.