X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 07-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Scared about going to the water park on my own

I was just wandering whether it is normal to go to the water park on your own? I'm going tomorrow and I'm anxious about it, I don't know why. I have no-one to go with but im going anyway and Im worried if other people might judge me if I'm on my own... Is it normal?? Thanks
Nzrsaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

The beach, the movies, a concert, the mall, a restaurant, a waterpark? Well It's not the first place I would normally think of but what is normal anyways? If it's something you really want to do then sure why not? Perhaps going there at an earlier time with less people might make it less nerve-wracking. And less waiting in lines
prehistoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

Take me! LOL Enjoy your time dude. Maybe even try to hook up or meet some of the people there. I always feel awkward when I go to places on my own, unless I have a very specific, business like task or when I'll only be in the place for a few moments. You can do it though! Maybe you should invite a friend or a family member, anything that makes your time a bit happier, if you happen to know someone.
JoeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Oh and I recently went to the beach with my family but then I took a walk by myself. It felt awkward but I roughed it out, met a couple of people, and loosened up a tad bit but not much. After your done playing football or something with strangers, it gets awkward for me because I feel awkward when I'm not doing something. Oh and if you feel awkward, say hi to the first person you see. Just laugh it off if they don't say anything back. I've done that before too. It's a great way to loosen up. You can secretly call them a b*t*h in your head if they don't say anything back and then set yourself up to say hi to another person. It's easiest for me when a person is just walking by because it's quick and an easy way to say something and kind of "get out quick".
Old 07-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Oh and another tip. Sorry, three replies in a row, but I don't know how to edit. Find something interesting that someone's doing and ask them about it. It's a great way to strike up a conversation. You can then ask them about where they are from and what there name is. Who they're with. Why they're there... Like, me, for instance.. I saw someone fishing on the coastline of the beach so i struck up a conversation because I had never seen someone do that before and I thought it was cool. Like, you can take something someone's doing and kinda probe them for more questions and things they like... Anyways, these are just tips if you want to meet some people. Even if you don't want to meet people, I find that meeting people makes me feel less awkward, so I'm always for it when I can force myself to make it happen with someone.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzrsaa View Post
Im worried if other people might judge me if I'm on my own...
Only you are judging yourself

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly (John 10:10)

“What makes us the most normal," said Reiko, "is knowing that we're not normal.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

fire mage64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

how can you have fun at a water park by yourself. Are you planning on talking to ppl once your there?
I went with my family once and a life guard did ask me y i was on my own when i left them to go on a slide.
I don't want to sound mean I just want you to know what you could be walking into.

Doing it for the thrill
Doing it for the the kill
Rich19 is offline   Reply With Quote