X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Picking up and moving across the country

I'm wondering if anyone with SA has actually done something similar to what I'm planning.

I'm almost done with college, have very few friends-none of which are actually healthy relationships and I have a good family that lives about 2 hours away, but I have this deep yearning to get the heck out of this town and start from scratch. I'm well aware that the social anxiety will follow me, but I've burned a lot of bridges in this town and I want a new chance at my life.

So I have a plan to move to the west, in a town where the cost of living is so much cheaper but the pay for my career is much greater. I figure I can work for a year and then reevaluate my life at that point.

Is this crazy? Will I go insane with absolutely no contacts to start? And has anyone ever done this?
Florida is offline   Reply With Quote