X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 11-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post Meeting Online Friends....

So I have a friend that I met online through facebook and we've been talking for a while now. He seems really cool and we get along really well. I told him that I would be visiting his state in a couple of months. When I told him, he didn't seem all that excited about it. He just seemed like it wasn't a big deal and that he didn't want to meet in person. I know, internet relationships are flaky and are really weird, but I guess I thought that we could meet and see if this thing goes any further.

Its weird, because we have a cool relationship online and I thought he would be excited because when we talk, he always says that he wants to meet in person. Now, the time finally comes and he acts like he doesn't want to meet me anymore.

I'm getting a vibe that maybe he just wants to remain online friends and not be friends in real life. I dont know, maybe thats just my own feelings, but I just wanna know am I wasting my time with him? Is it a good idea to even take online friendships any further? Do you think he is hiding something?

Because having SA makes having REAL life friends so hard, so online has made things so much easier and I have less anxiety.
and wash the ruins of your life
VivaEmptinessRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Does he have SA too? It might just be that he is too shy. I know when one of my online friends told me he was coming to my country and said we could meet, my heart stopped from fright. Even though when it was light talk I liked the idea.

Otherwise I don't know. Have you known eachother long enough to feel safe meeting?
Eevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee View Post
Does he have SA too? It might just be that he is too shy. I know when one of my online friends told me he was coming to my country and said we could meet, my heart stopped from fright. Even though when it was light talk I liked the idea.

Otherwise I don't know. Have you known eachother long enough to feel safe meeting?
Yeah, I've known him for a while and he told me that he doesnt have social anxiety. He says that he's just a little shy, but thats normal.
and wash the ruins of your life
VivaEmptinessRoses is offline   Reply With Quote