X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 08-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Irritability...impatience...short temper

I've suffered from all of these my entire life. I remember I used to whine a lot when I was younger (my brother teased me for it). I hate waiting for things - always have to have everything right away. Sometimes little things will really piss me off, too. Like if I'm sitting around watching TV and the phone rings, I'll get super upset because I have to get up and interrupt my lazy, sedentary lifestyle. I don't like to work either. Thank God I have an easy job, though. Another thing is I read too fast. I'll skip people's posts on here or read them too fast without really processing or thinking deeply about it. I can't deep think because I have too many thoughts going on at once.

I believe all of these characteristics stem from my anxiety and the fact that my mind is in overdrive. I can't just "chill" out. I need to be sedated with drugs to slow my thinking down.
If I believe, there is no end.
Restless Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Irritability...impatience...short temper

whoops
If I believe, there is no end.
Restless Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Irritability is a big problem for me right now. I'm annoyed by everyone and everything. My saying is "Leave me alone". I just can't be bothered with anyone anymore. I get soo annoyed that sometimes i feel like pulling my hair out. My head hurts constantly. I'm soo pissed off at life and myself that i can barely function anymore. I'm turning into this angry person. I can't stand to even talk anymore. Even if its just a simple "hello", or a "yes", whatever.

Impatience is another thing that i'm struggling with at the moment. I don't like waiting on anything or anyone. This morning this lady that i know was supposed to be bringing us some new Furniture for our living Room. She called me at about 9:40am and told me her and the guys were on their way. She was suppose to come at 10:00am. They didn't arrive untill a little after 11:00am. I was sitting here anxious as hell waiting on her. I though they was coming right at 10. I don't like waiting like that. The longer the wait the more anxious i get. Anyway they came and i love the new furniture they gave us. Whatever. I can't stand when somebody says they gone be somewhere at a certain time and then arrive at another. You be sitting there all ready to go and they take their time
Old 08-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'm always irritable and I've got a very short temper. I just feel angry a lot.
and i can't escape the fact that i still bleed
ColdFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 01:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion
Yes those are all symptoms of anxiety and depression. I'm often pissed at myself for being snippy with people for no good reason.
sslhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinion
Yes those are all symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Yep, that's a good part of it for me. I can't say that I have a short temper (I've always been slow to anger) but I'm irritable and impatient lately, especially with myself

~Def Leppard~
leppardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Default I am always quick to act and regret it after

I am new here, I don't know if I am on the right forum. I have a great nature and would do a good deed for anyone. So why is it when someone upsets me or my family I am quick to act. This week has been a nightmare, had an argument in a car park with a lady, and a few others which I won't bore you with. Instead of walking away, my mouth just reacts and I get so angry. I hate it afterwards as I realise I should be the better person and walk away. Then I go onto to scrutinise what I have said and beat myself up about. My husband tells me it's a pride thing, that I don't like folk walking over me, but it's getting to the stage were it scares me they way I go off. Anyone out there got any advice xx
dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamite View Post
I am new here, I don't know if I am on the right forum. I have a great nature and would do a good deed for anyone. So why is it when someone upsets me or my family I am quick to act. This week has been a nightmare, had an argument in a car park with a lady, and a few others which I won't bore you with. Instead of walking away, my mouth just reacts and I get so angry. I hate it afterwards as I realise I should be the better person and walk away. Then I go onto to scrutinise what I have said and beat myself up about. My husband tells me it's a pride thing, that I don't like folk walking over me, but it's getting to the stage were it scares me they way I go off. Anyone out there got any advice xx
I am exactly the same!! I undo all the good I do by being loud, opinionated and short tempered and force my opinion on everyone, whether it be right or wrong......

What can I do to stop this??
James Bond 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

I find 5htp works for irritability for me. I tAke about 200 mg or more w
henever I'm acting irritable. It takes about 24 hours for it to start working. Since 5htp bumps up serotonin I guess there are days when I am lower in serotonin than others.

I don't take it everyday.

Also if your a middle aged female ypu may have estrogen dominance and taking progesterone may help.
rubyruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

I get annoyed easily too. I think it might be a response to a lack of control I feel a lot of the time.
thrilla in manila is offline   Reply With Quote