Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I want to die young...

i am really scared of getting old. i already feel old.. i don't even see the point of living anymore. i have a great life, and i love my family; but i don't even do anything productive. i just sit around on tumblr all day whining about my life (like right now) i really am trying to be productive and go out more, but it's just not working! if i can't even be happy about my own life then why do i deserve to live? the only thing that's holding me back is my family becase i don't want them to be sad.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't necessarily know if this is a thought or a wish of yours, but if you do want to die, i would suggest seeking professional advice for this You deserve to have a life you want to live!

I can understand your fear...I think we've all thought about staying young forever...but if you die young, you won't necessarily continue living as a young person forever, but you will be a young person who is dead. Once you are dead, you can't really be happy about you never growing old...for obvious reasons love...

You deserve to live so that you can one day be happy about the life you have. We all are the person holding ourselves back from progress, and let's be honest, anxiety sucks and is hard to conquer!

But you can conquer it. Will it be some kind of work? Yes, and will you have good days and bad days of anxiety? Of course But you can one day have the life that you want, if you work at it.

Please be nice to yourself. We all "whine" about our lives at some point, especially me! Real progress can't be seen after a few times, it can be seen after being repeated over and over and over again. So you may not see it, but your efforts now will all add up to something big later, trust me.

Please be safe! If times ever get bad, here is a website: http://www.suicidehotlines.com/

The "anxiety techniques" sticky thread is really helpful too for approaching anxiety-inducing situations! Best of luck to you

"I didn't say it was easy, I said it was worth it."

"I will fear no evil...for You are with me..."

"I think you are one of the strongest people I know, to wake up every day and fight your anxiety, to fight a part of you that you know doesn't belong..."
Old 07-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Suicide
If you are currently thinking about harming or killing yourself please seek help immediately.
On the forums, suicide threats and the discussion of suicide is not permitted. On your personal blog, sharing your feelings is fine, but please do not share means or plans of suicide.
Closed Thread