I need a horse tranquilizer for twin brother's wedding - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Stressed
I need a horse tranquilizer for twin brother's wedding

Remember "Oldschool" when Will Ferrell gets shot in the neck with a tranquilizer and everything turns into slow motion? I need that!

Okay serious now. Quick facts. I'm 32, depression, anxiety, male, 5'8", 155 lbs.

Long story:

I'm suffering from severe anxiety and depression since the age of 20 (12 years). Been on and off all of the pills. Most of them break my dick and the only one that doesn't just makes me really fat. None of them ever worked that great for anxiety (more depression), except for Mirtazapine. My latest doctor prescribed me massive doses of xanax and other stuff. The xanax eventually stopped working and the withdrawal was the worst year of my life. Now I am on NO meds at all. I am a recluse and avoid any type of public speaking, social events etc. Although you'd never be able to tell by looking at me. I look normal, go to work every day, and act normal. Until the anxiety kicks in and the sweat starts pouring.

I have both General and Social Anxiety. On a bad year this means severe hyperhydrosis. I am one of those people that has very very visible panic attacks because my anxiety makes my head like 200 degrees and I can start sweating as if I was running a marathon in 90 degree heat. It's fascinating and horrifying at the same time. I can look like I just came out of the pool within 5 minutes of an attack and this means that I cannot attend social functions. The other type of hyperhydrosis is through my arm pits so it can be one or the other or both and I can turn the armpits of a shirt into a wet rag. It could be 50 degrees and to me it feels like being in disney world in Florida @105 F degrees.

Last year I tried to be super fit and healthy. Stopped drinking and biked 3,000 miles 2016 and it didn't do anything. Still as bad as ever. Work out all the time.

Medication doesn't seem to work for me and a healthy, athletic lifestyle does nothing to help either.

Anyway, I don't want to rehash my entire history because that's not the point of the post. I need help for brother's wedding. It will be next April so I have some time to prepare.

This is not just any ordinary wedding. It will have everyone I've ever known in one place. Mom's side, dad's side, people from high school, childhood. People are going to want to catch up and ask me all about my life. After all, I'm only the grooms TWIN BROTHER. So I can't just sit in a corner and just ignore everyone.

So I already know that without medication I will not be able to attend this wedding. It's a year away and I'm already sick to my stomach every day thinking about it. My life is not going well right now so the idea of having to "fake" how things are going makes the situation worse. No girlfriend, a career i hate, severe mental health issues.

It's tough. I'm proud of my brother and want to support him, but it just looks like I'm jealous and angry when the reality is that's not the case at all. I want to go and be happy and look happy and support him but I CAN'T, because I have no control over my anxiety.

Is there any type of tranquilizer I can ask my doctor that can make me like half-vegetable for a day? I just need to feel like I'm lobotomized. I know it sounds like a joke doesn't it. Sad.

Short story:

Severe anxiety/depression --> panic attacks w/ severe hyperhydrosis (head & arm pits) ----> twin brothers wedding in 1 year ---> everyone I have ever known will be there and life is not going well and anxiety is at all time high will not be able to function without a heavy sedative ---> been on several anti-depressants and xanax (don't work) ---> 1 day tranquilizer available?

"Why don't you ask your doctor?" Because unfortunately I live in America lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:47 PM
I Am Second

My Mood: Inspired
Can you maybe just make a quick appearance and bounce? Or maybe just dip out from time to time to get some air and calm yourself down?

~ I don't need my name in lights, I'm famous in my Father's eyes ~ Battistelli
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:54 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
I had to do a family reunion last year. It went well. I doubled down on my meds and had a glass of wine, sat and thought beautiful thoughts. I don't know if that helps but I survived. I can't say I had a good time. They didn't take me to pieces, like usual. So good came of it.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:15 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laedus View Post
Remember "Oldschool" when Will Ferrell gets shot in the neck with a tranquilizer and everything turns into slow motion? I need that!

Okay serious now. Quick facts. I'm 32, depression, anxiety, male, 5'8", 155 lbs.

Long story:

I'm suffering from severe anxiety and depression since the age of 20 (12 years). Been on and off all of the pills. Most of them break my dick and the only one that doesn't just makes me really fat. None of them ever worked that great for anxiety (more depression), except for Mirtazapine. My latest doctor prescribed me massive doses of xanax and other stuff. The xanax eventually stopped working and the withdrawal was the worst year of my life. Now I am on NO meds at all. I am a recluse and avoid any type of public speaking, social events etc. Although you'd never be able to tell by looking at me. I look normal, go to work every day, and act normal. Until the anxiety kicks in and the sweat starts pouring.

I have both General and Social Anxiety. On a bad year this means severe hyperhydrosis. I am one of those people that has very very visible panic attacks because my anxiety makes my head like 200 degrees and I can start sweating as if I was running a marathon in 90 degree heat. It's fascinating and horrifying at the same time. I can look like I just came out of the pool within 5 minutes of an attack and this means that I cannot attend social functions. The other type of hyperhydrosis is through my arm pits so it can be one or the other or both and I can turn the armpits of a shirt into a wet rag. It could be 50 degrees and to me it feels like being in disney world in Florida @105 F degrees.

Last year I tried to be super fit and healthy. Stopped drinking and biked 3,000 miles 2016 and it didn't do anything. Still as bad as ever. Work out all the time.

Medication doesn't seem to work for me and a healthy, athletic lifestyle does nothing to help either.

Anyway, I don't want to rehash my entire history because that's not the point of the post. I need help for brother's wedding. It will be next April so I have some time to prepare.

This is not just any ordinary wedding. It will have everyone I've ever known in one place. Mom's side, dad's side, people from high school, childhood. People are going to want to catch up and ask me all about my life. After all, I'm only the grooms TWIN BROTHER. So I can't just sit in a corner and just ignore everyone.

So I already know that without medication I will not be able to attend this wedding. It's a year away and I'm already sick to my stomach every day thinking about it. My life is not going well right now so the idea of having to "fake" how things are going makes the situation worse. No girlfriend, a career i hate, severe mental health issues.

It's tough. I'm proud of my brother and want to support him, but it just looks like I'm jealous and angry when the reality is that's not the case at all. I want to go and be happy and look happy and support him but I CAN'T, because I have no control over my anxiety.

Is there any type of tranquilizer I can ask my doctor that can make me like half-vegetable for a day? I just need to feel like I'm lobotomized. I know it sounds like a joke doesn't it. Sad.

Short story:

Severe anxiety/depression --> panic attacks w/ severe hyperhydrosis (head & arm pits) ----> twin brothers wedding in 1 year ---> everyone I have ever known will be there and life is not going well and anxiety is at all time high will not be able to function without a heavy sedative ---> been on several anti-depressants and xanax (don't work) ---> 1 day tranquilizer available?

"Why don't you ask your doctor?" Because unfortunately I live in America lol.
Just get drunk iyam.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

My Mood: Stressed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin001 View Post
Can you maybe just make a quick appearance and bounce? Or maybe just dip out from time to time to get some air and calm yourself down?
Maybe. It's still early so I don't know the details. This doesn't work that well in the past however. I have to use weird excuses to get out of conversations when a panic attack starts and they think I'm really rude. I might be able to skip the reception though everything is more complicated and awkward since both sides of the family will be in town and will likely run in to them after the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZicovich View Post
I had to do a family reunion last year. It went well. I doubled down on my meds and had a glass of wine, sat and thought beautiful thoughts. I don't know if that helps but I survived. I can't say I had a good time. They didn't take me to pieces, like usual. So good came of it.
Good to hear it went well. I have some time to prepare at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes View Post
Just get drunk iyam.
Might be a last resort lol. You don't want to see me on xanax and alcohol though. ****ed up combo.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:29 PM
SAS Member

I'm guessing your brother knows all about your anxiety problem, right? Maybe you can adjust your best man duties so the social pressure won't be as bad. Have a good friend of his give the reception toast instead of you. I was a groomsman at a friend's wedding and all I had to do was walk in the wedding, that's it. I didn't enjoy it, but I got through it.

I do feel for you, though, because I'd be stressed as hell over something like that. My problem is more blushing than sweating though. If you are looking for a calming drug, ask your doctor about valium and/or propranolol. Valium calms you, propranolol controls the release of adrenaline.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:05 PM
c'est moi

My Mood: Blah
Man, I live in America and as soon as I say "anxiety" or "depression" the docs whip out the prescription pad without a bat of an eye. Personally, I don't like this.

So, you could go that route.

Otherwise, yeah, you're family will probably ask about you. You have a job and some other things you can talk about. Ask them about their lives too. Talk about your brother.

Do you have to give a speech. Surely, he'll let you out of a speech.

Anyway, best of luck to ya. It will be over before you know it. Cheers!

"I'm nobody, who are you?" - Emily Dickinson
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:06 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Tired
I think what everyone else had suggested is good! (besides bouncing, as much as your anxiety tells you to do it, NOPE!).
I think taking medication like Ativan for that night might help?? And maybe a bit of alcohol to calm the nerves-not the greatest option, but it's something!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Untitled

Vitamin K, yeah mann !

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 08:10 AM
SAS Member

I find working up a "script" to commonly asked questions helps tremendously. I always make a script on my first day of a new job, school, ect... Memorize the script prior to the event. It will help you give good long answers when people talk to you, and you might even get a chuckle out of how well this works.

Questions like: "So what are you doing now?" -Oh, I've been doing great. [insert bull**** here].

"When are you getting married?" - [insert more bull**** here]

And if I were you, I would go to the wedding to have a good time, not so other people will think you're a good guy for showing up. Get absolutely drunk for the event. This is one occasion where having a hangover the next day is a must. Hit on the sexy women in the other family. Practice a few dance moves before you go, so you can hit the dance floor and look crazy. Don't worry about looking like a fool, that's the point (and the best part, you'll be so drunk you won't give a ****). The next day you may have these little regrets in your head, don't worry about that. You had a good time yesterday.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 08:12 AM
Don't make me stink

My Mood: Relaxed
This thread is not what I was expecting when I saw "I need a horse" in the side panel thing.

------------

It all comes out brown.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 05:03 AM
SAS Member

I can understand you wanting a strong sedative, but you may have to settle for booze!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 05:06 AM
Senior Thread Writer

My Mood: Worried
Honestly - just say you're unwell.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 06:41 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Brooding
I think this is a really good idea. My relatives are not of the same political persuasion so I coached myself not to mention any politics or answer any political questions. I practiced some "non-answers", innocuous things to say that wouldn't make them feel threatened. They get so damn aggressive and are so easily threatened! I can't even ask them how their kids are doing without getting a defensive answer. So best to just sit with a dumb smile on my face and pretend no one else is really in the room with me. They are just figments of my imagination.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 07:23 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZicovich View Post
So best to just sit with a dumb smile on my face and pretend no one else is really in the room with me. They are just figments of my imagination.
If this is what you have to do and how you view them, then why even attend or spend time with them?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page