X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 09-19-2006, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I am so jealous of other people its not funny anymore.

Like I dont know why but the major reason I dont talk to people or want to know them is because Im extremely jealous of them because some people have what I dont have like they are in a relationship, they have many friends, and they are smart and it seems like GOD gave them everything while me in the other hand am nothing. and im saying this from my heart.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

I feel like that too. Especially in school where there are loads of other people my age who seem to have it all: friends, fun, personality, jobs, cars, the ability to talk in class, and lives in general. We have to still believe that God gave us good things too though, even though they be extremely hard to see and even though other people might not be able to see them.
January 1991-February 19, 2007
lyssado707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

ye i know how you feel. I get so envy so some people it hurts and gets to a point which I beat myself up for it even more.
lonesomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yup, yup yup.
I walk arougnschool, see all these people, and I just want to run in to the valley that seperates one side of campus from the other.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm really jealous, too. I don't feel bitter about them having what I'm lacking. I just wish that I could be like them. I would like to have friends, but each time I reach out to people they respond by either hurting my feelings or ignoring me completely. I would like to know what it feels like to have someone want me around them. I have never felt that before.
Drella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

I try really hard now to not compare my life with other peoples, all it ever does is give me something extra to worry about and make me feel like %@$% . Also ive come to believe that really nobodys life is perfect and you dont really ever know what somebody else may be going through, we all have our private hells.
emeraldoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

I tend to do this. It's just another excuse for me. While I have plenty to be thankful for, I still wish I had more. Of course, we all want more. If we had it all there'd be nothing to live for/strive towards as goals. As a metaphysics 'student' (i'm learning up on it, believe in this concept) I believe that our conditions are our choosing in which we derive certain knowledge and strength from. It's really hard to explain it and don't prefer to go into full legnth detail. But, we are in our own control, we are given the immutable right of free will to totally do what we want with it. And, uh..it's up to you to just take responsibility and on your way, be grateful for the good things you do have. You have more than you give yourself credit for. Materials aren't as great as nature's beauty, or doing something kind for someone else perhaps? Sorry to rant on, but, I hope you do find peace of mind.
IndigoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

I get jealous. Then I ask myself "so what am I going to do about it?"
Strength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:01 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have felt the same way, and still do at times. Not everyone will like you, no matter how extroverted you are. And you can't pick everyone else's friends. Until yesterday I was jealous that my best friend was spending a lot of time with other people around the office. Now I realize he is a magnet because he is such a good listener and knows how to make anyone feel at ease. I can't keep that to myself.
justinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

That's one of my biggest problems.

It's weird, because I really loved talking to some of my co-workers over the summer... But now that I see them in school and I see them with their boyfriends and friends, I am so jealous and I hate them.

No, I'm not ready to jump.
bubblepop15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Jealousy is a huge issue for me. While I'm lonely and long for human companionship I can barely stand to talk to the one friend I have. I'm just so jealous of her and can't stand hearing about her career, her boyfriend, etc. It's been like this since I graduated from college. When we were both students it seemed like we were equals, but now her life is heading in the right direction and mine has just gone downhill dramatically. She's a success and I'm a failure.
ShyViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #12 (permalink)

^
Shyviolet dont feel that way you graduated too and you just have to find what you like and what you can suceed in...trust me every single person in the world has something that they are good at no matter what.....the problem is finding it.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've been like that lately. Before when I would feel jealous I would just become arrogant and think I'm better than those people I was jealous of. Then again I guess it's not the positive solution to solve the jealously.
MidnightBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yes, life seems so easy for everyone else sometimes. But I try to remember that they are all hiding "issues" too, just like I am.
* Being the center of attention
* Expressing disagreement
* Talking to Strangers
LoveThySelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 07:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drella's_Rock_Follies
I'm really jealous, too. I don't feel bitter about them having what I'm lacking. I just wish that I could be like them. I would like to have friends, but each time I reach out to people they respond by either hurting my feelings or ignoring me completely. I would like to know what it feels like to have someone want me around them. I have never felt that before.

yes, exactly. I would kill just to have that one person think the world of me. Just one. I have never known that feeling of having someone want to be with me always. I don't know if I ever will feel it.
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:27 AM   #16 (permalink)

Default Re: I am so jealous of other people its not funny anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssasins
Like I dont know why but the major reason I dont talk to people or want to know them is because Im extremely jealous of them because some people have what I dont have like they are in a relationship, they have many friends, and they are smart and it seems like GOD gave them everything while me in the other hand am nothing. and im saying this from my heart.
You don't know what these other people may be going through. Some people have a way of masking their problems very well. They could have had a family member who is ill or died recently, could have come from an abusive household, a broken home, you name it. My cousin is 30 and has been out of work for almost 3 years. She quit her job and basically moved her stuff into storage because she is waiting to move to get a better job. She lives in an almost vacant apartment now, she is extremely depressed and you would never know it by talking to her because she is extremely bubbly and happy when you see her.
bluewater01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

Sometimes its jealousy, sometimes it switches to anger or frustration......whatever, its absolutely depressing. Lately I just can't seem to take it. Yesterday at the mall, I saw some woman approach her husband/boyfriend from behind and just start massaging his back as he was looking at a shirt. All I could think about is how lucky this guy is and he probably was just taking her for granted. I mean, in 1 minute at the store, the guy pretty much got more affection from a woman than I've gotten in the last 5 years combined. I don't buy into the "they probably have other issues they have to deal with argument", because so do we. Its not like my loneliness is my only issue. I feel SA and depression are just two other ones (though they are all related). One other big thing is, that someone with a parter has somebody to support them. Going through lifes problems alone is a very scary thing. Everybody needs someone at times to help reassure them or provide some sort of support.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

I generally alternate between extreme jealousy and extreme anger and bitterness at everyone around me.
and i can't escape the fact that i still bleed
ColdFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:37 PM   #19 (permalink)

I know how you feel SoulAssasins, along with many here. Maybe it amplified when you hit 30+ and it's the same stuff. I am more outgoing, people want to hang out with me, but I don't because I don't trust them after the way they treated me.
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenniumman75
I know how you feel SoulAssasins, along with many here. Maybe it amplified when you hit 30+ and it's the same stuff. I am more outgoing, people want to hang out with me, but I don't because I don't trust them after the way they treated me.
does anyone know how many 'Moderator' groupies he has? i imagine its like backstage at a concert at his house
instil is offline   Reply With Quote