Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Humiliated at Work

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gamecock 
#1 ·
Today was so humiliating while my boss sat with me to train. My boss told me to "try and act like I know what I am talking about on the phone with customers" (I work in cable company call center). She talks so loud and others in the cubicles could hear her. I feel like I am a nuisance and that they were disgusted with training me. She commented that it wasn;t productive for me to have my back to her for training. The way the cube was positioned thats how I could see the screen. She is hard to read because she has this bizarre sense of humor. SO then she sticks this other lady with me who acted like she was too bothered to sit and train with me, and basically sat behind me yawning. I feel like a piece of crap for having this sort of treatment.
And my cube mate seems to ignore me cause I'm not in the clique. Mind you I have only been there a month....

I take my klonipan but I cant seem to retain the information fast enough. Perhaps I will get better or they will let me go. Either way I will try not to stress out about being humiliated and the social awkwardness of having no friends at work.

#2 ·
Hey,
Sorry to hear that...I know exactly how that works..I work for costco retail and I constantly get humuiliated at work either by co workers, customers, or managers...I have been working retail for the past 10 years and I am about done with it. I think I am going to start my own landscape business and work for myself. It might be less money and I might not have benefits but it beats the hell out of being stressed and embarassed everyday at work..its not healthy either. I also am on klnopin. I guess the best way to go about your job and situation is to just block everyone out and just keep reminding yourself that your there only for a paycheck. I dont even try to make friends anymore and it takes alot of stress off of me. Good luck to you

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.