X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 03-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default how to get over past experiences? please help

Through my days in school, I was made fun of and beat up way more than anyone should be and I was never really focused on being me, but more focused on what people want me to be. I'm now 26 and finally finding out who I am, but there's something that keeps following me no matter what I do, I'm still extremely shy.
I was always made fun of for being overweight but now I've been going to the gym for a year and people steer clear of me cause I've developed an intimidating muscular look. Even with this look though I can't seem to just come out of my shell.
I never even feel good enough or attractive enough to approach girls that I'm attracted to, let alone make new friends. I just want to know how to be me around more people than just my friends and finally bury the ashes of my tortured past.
saldg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you're constantly thinking about you're negative past experiences than you'll be subconsciously transmitting that message to the people you interact with. Write out a list of your ideal you. As you go throughout your day visualize, imagine, and feel what it would be like to be the ideal saldg. If you project your confidence then you'll have beautiful women approaching you.