X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How to deal with a jealous sister?

Please people this one is a serious one. How can I deal with my jealous sister?

My sister have never like me over the years, there came a time even when she fought me. BTW she is older than me. She is 28.

She will do everything in her power to show to people just how bad I am. And honestly, I have come to a point where I don't dislike her but don't like her either. No matter how I try, I am just not comfortable around her. Even when we dress up to go to party, she will look at me with this bad eye as if I have commit a crime. Esp if I am looking good. And even if people compliments me. she gets angry. She is always competing with me as if I we are mates.

The funny thing is that, people actually think she is pretty, infact most people think she is way beautiful than me. And I think she is pretty also, and I have no freaking problem with that either.

Even about my marriage, she did't say anything about it. Me and My mom told her, and she say nothing, like are u kidding me? I thought sisters are supposed to celebrate each other success?

What could be her problem and how do i deal with her?

.S she is married also so I can't figure out her problem.
G girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thats really pathetic...i feel somewhat for my sister but that isnt her fault..is looks prettier n cuter..she had been the apple of everyone's eye since she was born..thats isnt her fault..she isnt jealous of me..i know this..she loves me..she is my mother...!!!
though I always hate when everybody compares me with her..i feel hatred towards this...this is adaily thing for me..each n every action n deed of mine is compared with her..i m pissed off at this..excluding this comparison..she is my idol n my role model..she deserves all this love n affection..

just one word for this –ignore...!!!!
just ignore what she makes u feel like...stay self centred...
Old 01-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

She sounds... exceedingly insecure.

Have you ever asked her about this?

Science Deceptions: Chance or Design
Why Evolution Cannot Be Supported By Nature

Presented by Professor Walter J. Veith, former evolutionist turned creationist

Cyber Lume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

I love my sister but I don't like her personality.
rubyruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

I've never had a sister so I don't really know what that experience. I would avoid her as much as possible if she feels insecure with your success and is "bad energy."
Mae West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Good thing you don't really have to deal with her since she lives somewhere else. Sibling rivalry is common and could go on even as adults. How old are you? Is it hard for you to ignore what she thinks of you? I wouldn't always try to read her mind, because it may not be what she is actually thinking, it is what you want to think about the situation. Having a secure sense of self could help you not take her actions and comments so deeply. We can't change a person, but we can change our attitude about it
Later is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Later View Post
Good thing you don't really have to deal with her since she lives somewhere else. Sibling rivalry is common and could go on even as adults. How old are you? Is it hard for you to ignore what she thinks of you? I wouldn't always try to read her mind, because it may not be what she is actually thinking, it is what you want to think about the situation. Having a secure sense of self could help you not take her actions and comments so deeply. We can't change a person, but we can change our attitude about it
Well said thank you.
G girl is offline   Reply With Quote