X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 02-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How much water do you drink everyday?

I know its seems totaly irrelevent, but after some research I did to confirm why I know longer felt anxiety when out walking after 2 week experiment of drinking 12 glasses of water per day sometimes more. I found that anxiety started to disapear, and ive started to look younger...

I decided to tr drinking water after MANY years of not drinking water at all... Coffee, occational alcohol, sometimes cold drink like orange joice. That was the only liquids ive been consuming for years. My urine has always been yellow, its not been clear for years now, since anxiety started in fact. I have a really weak thurst system, I never felt the need to drink water so often, and as the years went by, and the anxiety worsened, the thurst system got weaker, to the point where I didnt feel the need to drink water after exercise, during/after meal. This has gone on until recently. I decided to overload my body with water every day for two weeks so far. Rehydrating my badly dehydrated body. I have been constantly peeing, but, the toliet trips have lessoned now.

But yeah, to make sure i wasnt just going crazy, i did some research on my random experiment, and yeah, drinking lots of water does cure anxiety! I cannot believe it. My research told me that millions of americans are dehydrated, and im assuming its the same for the UK. I dont know of many people even family members who drink pure water everyday, and it seems teenage years are the worst for not drinking pure water. The benefits have been great so far...better skin, better eyes, better voice, AND MINUTE, TO NO ANXIETY AT ALL!

Make of this as you want, i just thought i'd write about this for you guys.

p.s im a non believer in medication for anxiety and depression. It makes anxiety worse in the long run.
JayC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

I agree. I thought it was mostly to do with cutting out caffeine and alcohol rather the the water itself, but I'm going to increase my water intake and see if it helps more
Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Oh and Congrats! Great to hear such a positive result!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

I try to drink at least 8 glasses a day. It helps to keep my phlegm thinned out. A few months ago I bought a water cooler and buy 5 gallons spring water they get east of Marquette. The city water is totally disgusting here. They also get it from a mine well so who knows what kind of nasty elements are in it.
yooper: yah
troll: no school, man, it was sweet
yooper: you closed school for three feet of snow?!?!??!?
troll: you like excessive punctuation, don't you?
copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks RosieApple, and Good luck! Its great to see it workig for you also! Keep it consistent, everyday, and not just 2-3 glasses of water, but 10+ if possible. Ive managed two consistent weeks of water overload, and i would be very ignorant to not acknowledge the difference in myself now. If there are other people on the forums who dont drink much water, please try this experiment.

copper thats great, but you must keep water intake consistent, although obviously its kinda difficult for you :/
JayC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)

I drink A LOT of water. On average maybe 5 cups a day. Maybe that's why my anxiety isn't that severe. But I've never not drank water so I don't know how I would act if I didn't. But that's very interesting, now I definitely will not stop drinking water!
Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's a thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten. So much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Blujay13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

I drink LOADS - I mean loads.5 litres some days. At least 2 litres every day.

My anxiety is still terrible.
rainbowOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yay! I did something close to this but I just drank water for about a week...It helped my anxiety soooo much but I didn't even care because I felt horrible.

I'm on my 2nd day juice fasting though & with that I drink about 8-12 cups of water a day. Cutting out processed foods is supposed to help with most mental problems, & juicing is supposed to heal it even more. By now i'd do anything to get rid of this!
sas111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

2 liters or more.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Not enough

I might grab one glass a day. Otherwise I make Ovaltine or drink cranberry juice.
Silent Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Trying this on 2 cups so far, we'll see how it works.
Seanthabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

My dad had to pass a kidney stone and so as a teenager I began drinking a lot of water to avoid that ever happening to me. This was back before they could pulverize the stone with ultrasound and the only choice was to pee out a rock. After I started doing it it became a habit for me and I've always drank a lot of water for all these years. Doesn't seem to have helped me much though people say I look young for my age so maybe it helped that way.
LALoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have a 750ml(ish) cup I empty 4 or 5 times a day at least. I have a Brita filter/jug combo I just keep in the fridge, I think it's 3 gallons or something close. I don't really notice anything positive from it though, it's just I am always thirsty and water is the way to go.
GunnyHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Well, there are definitely benefits to drinking water. I usually do feel better when I drink water regularly. My SA doesn't go away, but because I feel better physically it makes me feel better mentally, at least somewhat.

At the moment I am severely dehydrated, so much so that when the doctor drew blood they couldn't get anything. I have a caffeine addiction and while I usually don't allow myself more than one caffeine drink a day (or less), when I am upset or depressed I often use diet coke as a treat. I have been treating myself to lots of diet coke lately.

Guess I should get back on the water. It's not necessarily and anxiety cure all, though I am very happy it works well for you, but I do know that it makes me feel better in other ways that contribute to better dealing with the anxiety.
CrazyCatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

I agree that improving your diet & drinking more water will help you to feel better overall but I drink a lot of water & it's not cure for my anxiety, it's just something that I do
Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

i barely drink any water. and i also have trouble sleeping. two things that may be big causes
Falcons84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

The only things I drink are water, orange juice with breakfast and decaf tea at night. I should be drinking 80 oz a day, but it just makes me need to pee ALL THE TIME. ;[
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

lots
Kennnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm in the 2L+ club. I have a 300 mL bottle that I empty at least 7 or 8 times a day. I feel terrible when I'm even a little dehydrated.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

JayC123 Thanks!
opalsky is offline   Reply With Quote