Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI) - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Reply
Old 11-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 585



Default Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

I am finally trying to get my butt in gear and apply for disability. I should have done this about 3 or 4 years ago - I am kicking myself for not having the motivation to do this sooner. Anyway, I'm sure this has been talked about before - but when I did a "search", there really wasn't a thread with "Disability" in the title. For those of you who are on Disability (or who know a lot about the process), I have a few questions.

How long and/or difficult was the process? I've heard that it can take as long as three years - which really depresses me (and makes me feel terrible that I didn't do this sooner). Were you approved the first time, or did you have to appeal? I'm really hoping that I can get approved the first time, because to wait over a year means sort-of putting my life on hold until the process is over. I'm already 33...the idea of being 35 or 36 before I secure Disability is not a pleasant one. A big reason why I am motivated to do this is because I need some money to get some things done - and I feel like I need to get these things done in order to have a chance to progress in life.

At first I was fairly optimistic that I could get approved, but then I thought of what "excuses" they could use to deny my request - and they may zero in on my medication situation. I am "only" on 150mg of Effexor (or I will be once I go back up on the medication) - they might try to tell me to increase my dose or get on more meds, and see if this would help me to be able to work. They may look at my history and notice that the last time I had a job (I was underemployed), I was on 300mg of Effexor. I went down on the Effexor then because of certain side effects. I wasn't functioning all that well on 300mg of Effexor, anyway. And I'm extremely leery of getting on multiple medications - I think the side effects and the risks would be more than I'm willing to handle.

So for those of you who have been through the process of securing Disability, what kinds of questions did they ask of you, and what kinds of "investigations" did they do? And did they investigate to see whether you had any checking or savings accounts? My name is on a checking account, but it's not really mine - it is my mom's money. My name is on the account so I can write certain checks (for appointments, etc.).

Any tips on getting accepted (the first time)? Has anyone been denied three times?
__________________
"Any time intelligent people make mistakes, they learn from them."

--What a "close friend" of Bill Belichick's said to Sports Illustrated in January 2000, referring to Belichick's first head-coaching job with the Cleveland Browns (which was marred by various troubles).
kintrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Status: Permanently Banned
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Down a long country road
Age: 41
Posts: 427



Default Re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

I don't have any experience at all with being on disability.

However, if at all possible, DO NOT allow yourself to be dependent on the government for anything. They will do everything they can to make you regret it.

I hate my job. It's a challenge for me to get up the motivation to even show up everyday. But I do it... because I have to.
CityBoyGoneCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 687



Default re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...hlight=#552797
KimberlyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 687



Default Re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintrovert
At first I was fairly optimistic that I could get approved, but then I thought of what "excuses" they could use to deny my request - and they may zero in on my medication situation. I am "only" on 150mg of Effexor (or I will be once I go back up on the medication) - they might try to tell me to increase my dose or get on more meds, and see if this would help me to be able to work. They may look at my history and notice that the last time I had a job (I was underemployed), I was on 300mg of Effexor. I went down on the Effexor then because of certain side effects. I wasn't functioning all that well on 300mg of Effexor, anyway. And I'm extremely leery of getting on multiple medications - I think the side effects and the risks would be more than I'm willing to handle.
I am on disability and I am not on any medication.

Quote:
So for those of you who have been through the process of securing Disability, what kinds of questions did they ask of you, and what kinds of "investigations" did they do? And did they investigate to see whether you had any checking or savings accounts? My name is on a checking account, but it's not really mine - it is my mom's money. My name is on the account so I can write certain checks (for appointments, etc.).
They are mostly interested in your history of physical and mental health. They will want to see all of your medical records.

Quote:
Any tips on getting accepted (the first time)? Has anyone been denied three times?
I think only blind people are approved the first time.
KimberlyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 585



Default Re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyGoneCountry
However, if at all possible, DO NOT allow yourself to be dependent on the government for anything. They will do everything they can to make you regret it.
Why do you say this? I'm just curious as to what you mean. In what ways would the government do everything it can to make me regret it?

Quote:
I hate my job. It's a challenge for me to get up the motivation to even show up everyday. But I do it... because I have to.
That's good you have the fortitude to push through. But in my case, having willpower only gets me so far, before I crash, or break down from the stresses.
__________________
"Any time intelligent people make mistakes, they learn from them."

--What a "close friend" of Bill Belichick's said to Sports Illustrated in January 2000, referring to Belichick's first head-coaching job with the Cleveland Browns (which was marred by various troubles).
kintrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 585



Default Re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly69
I am on disability and I am not on any medication.
They didn't raise an eyebrow at the fact that you aren't on any medication? Was it ever an issue? Did they ever ask you to try meds?


Quote:
I think only blind people are approved the first time.
An ardous, 3-year process for only a meager $400 a month. This website is quite frank, and makes it seem most likely that I'll have to endure every bit of those (at least) 3 years:

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/
__________________
"Any time intelligent people make mistakes, they learn from them."

--What a "close friend" of Bill Belichick's said to Sports Illustrated in January 2000, referring to Belichick's first head-coaching job with the Cleveland Browns (which was marred by various troubles).
kintrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 585



Default Re: re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly69
Thanks - I actually did a search and came across this post before you responded to this thread.
__________________
"Any time intelligent people make mistakes, they learn from them."

--What a "close friend" of Bill Belichick's said to Sports Illustrated in January 2000, referring to Belichick's first head-coaching job with the Cleveland Browns (which was marred by various troubles).
kintrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Status: Permanently Banned
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Down a long country road
Age: 41
Posts: 427



Default Re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintrovert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyGoneCountry
However, if at all possible, DO NOT allow yourself to be dependent on the government for anything. They will do everything they can to make you regret it.
Why do you say this? I'm just curious as to what you mean. In what ways would the government do everything it can to make me regret it?
Well, for starters they will only give you enough money to survive, but not enough to enjoy life. And if any problems arise that you need to resolve quickly, be assured, the government never does anything quickly. You have to go through red tape just to get to the red tape. And if you ever have a complaint, who is going to listen? They're giving you free money. How can you complain?
CityBoyGoneCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 687



Default Re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintrovert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly69
I am on disability and I am not on any medication.
They didn't raise an eyebrow at the fact that you aren't on any medication? Was it ever an issue? Did they ever ask you to try meds?
Social Security Determination Services is more interested in finding if you can work as you are rather than trying to cure you. They may take some interest in looking at your medical records and the drugs you have tried but they aren't going to prescribe you something and hope you get better.
KimberlyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 687



Default Re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyGoneCountry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintrovert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyGoneCountry
However, if at all possible, DO NOT allow yourself to be dependent on the government for anything. They will do everything they can to make you regret it.
Why do you say this? I'm just curious as to what you mean. In what ways would the government do everything it can to make me regret it?
Well, for starters they will only give you enough money to survive, but not enough to enjoy life. And if any problems arise that you need to resolve quickly, be assured, the government never does anything quickly. You have to go through red tape just to get to the red tape. And if you ever have a complaint, who is going to listen? They're giving you free money. How can you complain?
Well, when I was working I was not enjoying life at all. Everyday, I had thoughts that can't be discussed on this site. No, I don't have a lot of money but you can't put a price on the years added to my life because I am on disability.
KimberlyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Shauna The Dead's Avatar
 
Status: Shauna The Dead
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Kentucky, USA
Gender: Female
Age: 30
Posts: 6,389



Default re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

I have a question about disability for anyone who might know......how hard do you think it would be for somebody who isn't currently on medication and hasn't really been to the psychatrist or therapists a whole lot(though I have been and I was on medication in the past)...to get on disability for SA, depression & general anxiety?
Shauna The Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 27



Default re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

I have not posted here in a number of years, although I do visit almost daily to read. Posting causes great anxiety.

I do know something of this topic, so I thought I'd share.

I am on SSDI for anxiety/depression, and I was approved the first time.

I started seeking help for my anxiety after losing my job of almost 2 years. I had a temp job working at a help desk, doing email inquiries only. I had made it very clear that I am uncomfortable on the phone. After almost 2 years as a temp I was offered a full time position on the help desk answering phones, I declined so they ended my assignment.

I got in at a local clinic that has a sliding income scale, I had no income so it cost me nothing to go there. I started seeing a nurse practitioner and eventually started taking .5mg Klonopin 3x per day, 300mg Effexor XR 1x per day, and 30mb Abilify 1x per day. A few weeks later I started seeing a therapist, I saw her weekly for about a year. During this time I had regular med appointments during which my meds were adjusted many times (I now take 200mg Zoloft, 200mg Lamictal, 30mg Abilify). It was suggested that I apply for Medicaid and SSDI during this period of time on several occasions, but I did not want to.

I eventually agreed to apply for both, I had very little money left from working and I simply cannot live with other people so moving back with my parents was unacceptable to me. After applying I waited about three months, I was then scheduled to see a doctor that the Social Security people had chosen for a second opinion.

I saw the doctor they told me to, another two months passed and they called my nurse practitioner for some reason. My therapist told me that was very odd, they hardly ever do that. After another month had passed I received a letter saying I was approved and I would receive my check next month. A few months later I received a retroactive check that was from the date that they determined I had become disabled up until they approved me. It was a several thousand dollars which I quickly spent by paying off my credit cards that I had been using in order to remain independent as long as possible.

Long story short, I agree with some of the previous posters who said they want you to have some kind of medical history. Meaning that I believe you must seek some kind of help before applying. I know that it is very hard to do so, I simply sat and shook every session for the first few weeks at least when I started. My advice is to make a list of things you want to talk about it, hand it to your therapist and let them ask questions. It's the only way that it is possible, even now, for me to do the whole therapy thing.

I worry about posting this because some may become depressed because of the number of things you have to do in order to get SSDI. However I am posting because I hope that others will see some kind of light for the future, knowing that it is possible to get Social Security on the first try in 6 months or less. I believe I was approved in 5 months and received my first check on the 6th month after I applied.

I apologize for the long winded post and will now go back in to hiding for a few more years.
Molydeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
 
UltraShy's Avatar
 
Status: Surrounded by Sadness
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI (BDSM sadist, Libertarian)
Gender: Male
Age: 40
Posts: 30,305



Default re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

I'm definitely mentally qualified for SSI and I'd have no trouble getting doctors to fully agree that I'm a total nut unable to do any job.

SSI unfortunately has a $2,000 limit on assets that I exceed by over $1 million.

So I get all the misery of being a nut, but with none of the cash benefits. That sucks.
__________________
I wonder what reason I have to live
Desperately I have searched for a meaning
Is it now time for me to let go of the world
UltraShy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 30



Default re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

"SSI unfortunately has a $2,000 limit on assets that I exceed by over $1 million. "

Maybe u should liquify your assets ...I wish I had over 1,000,000 in assets, just curious but do you have SA, and if so, how in the heck did you come to have so much mula?

SA holds me back from making much at all.
__________________
Society is no comfort to one not sociable.
-Shakespear
bucketofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
 
UltraShy's Avatar
 
Status: Surrounded by Sadness
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI (BDSM sadist, Libertarian)
Gender: Male
Age: 40
Posts: 30,305



Default Re: re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketofhope
"SSI unfortunately has a $2,000 limit on assets that I exceed by over $1 million. "

Maybe u should liquify your assets ...I wish I had over 1,000,000 in assets, just curious but do you have SA, and if so, how in the heck did you come to have so much mula?
Yes, I have severe SA and have been in this condition for my entire life. You can add OCD & GAD to the list of my mental ills as well.

First, a million isn't much in today's world when you consider how much everything costs. Just look at how much it would cost to buy a house, for example.

I got my money though inheritence and gifts. My father died in 2005, leaving me money. My 45-year-old brother died in 2006 leaving me a bit more.

As an estate planning move, my parents gave me & my brothers $20,000 annual gifts to reduce the size of their estate and the eventual estate tax (that gifting started in 1996 when estate taxes that started at 37% -- that's confiscation, not taxation -- were levied on anybody who dared to die with over $600,000; estate taxes are no longer an issue with the current exemption of $1.5M.)
__________________
I wonder what reason I have to live
Desperately I have searched for a meaning
Is it now time for me to let go of the world
UltraShy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 434



Default Re: re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguy246
Social anxiety and agoraphobia are definitely consider mental illnesses and you can get onto disability. I live in Ontario, Canada and it is called the Ontario Disability Support Program. You and your doctor(preferably a psychologist) fill out 3 forms and mail them away. I have been on it for 8 months. The maximum you can get in Ontario is $959/month if your single and $1499month if you are married, depending on your situation. My next review will not be until April of 2008. I hope to better by then and able to support myself. However, there are downsides, mainly cost of living in most major areas is well above $959/month. And, once you start seeing a check every month, it can be hard to motivate yourself to get better, especially if you are depressed, as most of us are. ODSP is very helpful though. They even have programs to assist you in getting a job, even helping you be self-employed. Good luck everyone. Try and remember WE have social anxiety...social anxiety does NOT have us! If cancer can be beaten, so can SA.
Could you though get under subsidized housing, in the areas that are high cost of living? That solves a lot of problems sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraShy
First, a million isn't much in today's world when you consider how much everything costs. Just look at how much it would cost to buy a house, for example.
Still, on interest alone you should be making many times more than anyone does on SSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyGoneCountry
I don't have any experience at all with being on disability.
Then how do you know the govt will make a person regret being on disability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityBoyGoneCountry
Well, for starters they will only give you enough money to survive, but not enough to enjoy life.
As apposed to having no money? You can still work while disabled.

Quote:
And if any problems arise that you need to resolve quickly, be assured, the government never does anything quickly. You have to go through red tape just to get to the red tape.
What are you talking about?

Quote:
And if you ever have a complaint, who is going to listen? They're giving you free money. How can you complain?
What would one complain about?

I'm disabled and all of this really confuses me... I dunno what youre talking about at all.
Mayflower 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 585



Default Re: re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molydeus
I have not posted here in a number of years, although I do visit almost daily to read. Posting causes great anxiety.

I do know something of this topic, so I thought I'd share.

I am on SSDI for anxiety/depression, and I was approved the first time.

I started seeking help for my anxiety after losing my job of almost 2 years. I had a temp job working at a help desk, doing email inquiries only. I had made it very clear that I am uncomfortable on the phone. After almost 2 years as a temp I was offered a full time position on the help desk answering phones, I declined so they ended my assignment.

I got in at a local clinic that has a sliding income scale, I had no income so it cost me nothing to go there. I started seeing a nurse practitioner and eventually started taking .5mg Klonopin 3x per day, 300mg Effexor XR 1x per day, and 30mb Abilify 1x per day. A few weeks later I started seeing a therapist, I saw her weekly for about a year. During this time I had regular med appointments during which my meds were adjusted many times (I now take 200mg Zoloft, 200mg Lamictal, 30mg Abilify). It was suggested that I apply for Medicaid and SSDI during this period of time on several occasions, but I did not want to.

I eventually agreed to apply for both, I had very little money left from working and I simply cannot live with other people so moving back with my parents was unacceptable to me. After applying I waited about three months, I was then scheduled to see a doctor that the Social Security people had chosen for a second opinion.

I saw the doctor they told me to, another two months passed and they called my nurse practitioner for some reason. My therapist told me that was very odd, they hardly ever do that. After another month had passed I received a letter saying I was approved and I would receive my check next month. A few months later I received a retroactive check that was from the date that they determined I had become disabled up until they approved me. It was a several thousand dollars which I quickly spent by paying off my credit cards that I had been using in order to remain independent as long as possible.

Long story short, I agree with some of the previous posters who said they want you to have some kind of medical history. Meaning that I believe you must seek some kind of help before applying. I know that it is very hard to do so, I simply sat and shook every session for the first few weeks at least when I started. My advice is to make a list of things you want to talk about it, hand it to your therapist and let them ask questions. It's the only way that it is possible, even now, for me to do the whole therapy thing.

I worry about posting this because some may become depressed because of the number of things you have to do in order to get SSDI. However I am posting because I hope that others will see some kind of light for the future, knowing that it is possible to get Social Security on the first try in 6 months or less. I believe I was approved in 5 months and received my first check on the 6th month after I applied.

I apologize for the long winded post and will now go back in to hiding for a few more years.
I know this is late and everything but - thanks for writing! I think your post is definitely helpful in giving people some hope about undergoing this process.

The circumstances surrounding your "layoff" from your job sounds rather brutal. From all that I've heard, it seems that compaines can be brutally insensitive to people suffering from mental/nervous disorders - even if these people are great workers when they are allowed to be in their "comfort zone". Perhaps the SSDI board took the facts surrounding your "layoff" into consideration as they were reviewing your case.

I have been a little "out of touch" with the whole SSI/SSDI issue for months...but it seems as though SSDI is harder to get, one of the reasons being that it often involes a larger "payout". So the fact that you got it so quickly is awesome.

As for my own SSI adventures - I haven't actually made a move to apply yet, because I've been "sidetracked" and absorbed with another issue involving my health. For me, having sufficient funds is definitely the exception rather than the rule...but "by chance" I happened to get some money to pay for some medical tests that I've wanted to have done. I'm now waiting for the results. If the results of these tests prove that I actually have some suspected medical issues - then that will probably go a long way in explaining why I've been disabled to such a severe extent. What if I'm able to work "simply" by treating these conditions? I don't know...maybe my logic is off. Maybe I should just go ahead and get this process started!! The "what if I become able to work" thing has already held me back so much in regard to applying for disability. I had this thought in 2002, for crying out loud. It is now 2007! I've lost so many years with this vague "What if I become able to work?" albatross around my neck.

With my mom expressing a reluctance/unwillingness to pay for my "alternative" medical treatment - maybe I should just get this ball rolling, again. Who knows how long it will take (if at all) before I feel better?
__________________
"Any time intelligent people make mistakes, they learn from them."

--What a "close friend" of Bill Belichick's said to Sports Illustrated in January 2000, referring to Belichick's first head-coaching job with the Cleveland Browns (which was marred by various troubles).
kintrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 585



Default Re: re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Miss Scare-All
I have a question about disability for anyone who might know......how hard do you think it would be for somebody who isn't currently on medication and hasn't really been to the psychatrist or therapists a whole lot(though I have been and I was on medication in the past)...to get on disability for SA, depression & general anxiety?
If I were you - if you have any thoughts about trying to get on disability - I would start seeing someone - a psychiatrist, a therapist, etc. - a.s.a.p. Start scheduling regular visits - at least once a month - preferably more often (go through your public health system if money is an issue). From what I've read, the board in charge of approving disability like to rely heavily on your medical records. The more medical records you have that "prove" your disabling illness, the better.

That is not to be discouraging about your current status - not at all. If you were on medication and you've seen a psychiatrist/therapist in the past, you do have some medical records. If you applied now, you could put these therapists' names on your application - they would have someone who could verify your condition. In the meantime, you could be building up more current "evidence" of your illness by going to see a psychiatrist and/or therapist.

There have been times when I haven't gone in to see a psychiatrist or therapist as often as the board may prefer...but they must understand that there are circumstances that sometimes precludes us from scheduling constant appointments. Money can be an issue (a big issue if you're seeing a private doc - as insurance usually doesn't pay for mental health). Plus people who are depressed struggle with motivation - you often just don't have the "energy" or the "motivation" to to schedule frequent appointments. And when you're sitting at home all the time, escaping from the outside world - there can be little immediate need to see a doc all of the time - as opposed to when you're trying to fight through the problems that come with coming into extensive contact with the outside world (via a job, school, etc.). When/if they ask me why there have been some "gaps" in my care - I just plan to explain to them all of this.

Btw - sorry for the delay in responding to this! I haven't really been in this thread for a long while - I didn't even realize that it was still active!
__________________
"Any time intelligent people make mistakes, they learn from them."

--What a "close friend" of Bill Belichick's said to Sports Illustrated in January 2000, referring to Belichick's first head-coaching job with the Cleveland Browns (which was marred by various troubles).
kintrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Status: SAS Member
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 434



Default Re: re: Getting on disability (SSI or SSDI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kintrovert

I have been a little "out of touch" with the whole SSI/SSDI issue for months...but it seems as though SSDI is harder to get, one of the reasons being that it often involes a larger "payout". So the fact that you got it so quickly is awesome.
As far as I know, if youre disabled on SSI/SSDI it's the same health qualification. The difference between the two has to do with income, assets, and work history.
Mayflower 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
 
Noca's Avatar
 
Status: Spectacular Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ontario
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 17,570



Default

I recently applied for disability. Ill hear back by end of may start of june.
__________________
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”
--Isaac Asimov

Tried carrying the weight of the world, but I only have two hands... So wake me up when I'm older, when I'm wiser and I'm older
Noca is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone get SSI for SA? Orchid20 Coping With Social Anxiety 1 12-02-2009 03:03 PM
SSI? Moon Coping With Social Anxiety 17 10-30-2009 11:43 AM
SSI came through yesterday Anxiety75 General Discussion 5 06-04-2009 10:48 PM
Tips to get SSI ? Babygirly The Work Place 10 08-14-2008 11:23 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.