X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 07-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default eleven signs of aspergers.

1. Problems with two-way conversation
You talk at people rather than with them. You may try to talk about a favorite subject and not notice when people are not interested in it.

never tyalked at people but I have nerdjacked conversations and sometime go on and on about the same thing and people get frustrated and I don't realize.

2. Difficulty with social cues: You may say or act inappropriately and seem oblivious to others' reactions. You may miss someone's subtle attempt to leave a conversation.

Sometimes when someone passess me something I don't know what I am supposed to do.

3. Social awkwardness: You want to make friends but have trouble figuring out how to make them or maintain friendships. You may have trouble maintaining long friendships and working relationships with co-workers.

90% correct. I know how to make friends but just got to find goos ones who are more like me.

4. Verbal instruction challenges: You have problems understanding verbal instruction and learn better with visual supports.

No.

5. Mindblindness: You often takes things literally and do not understand subtle language. You have problems understanding other people's emotions and may respond inappropriately due to this misunderstanding.

I can understand sarcasm and stuff like that but sometimes miss out on things most others pick up on

6. Narrow interests: You may have a limited range of interests and no interest in participating in other activities or subjects.

I can get absorbed in subjects but they can change freuqently from topic to topic.

7. Strict routines: You prefer a rigid routine and gets irrationally upset when the routine is disrupted.

Sort of. If I don't get my full cream milk I crack the *hitS

8. Sensory problems: You may have unusual reactions to sounds, sights, physical contact or tastes such as an irrational fear of the sound of car horns.

No but I do have an irrational fear of people making sudden loud noises

9. Motor skill problems: You experience some limitations in both gross and fine motor skills. For example, you may have taken longer to learn how to ride a bike or gain skill at handwriting during childhood.

I think I did take a bit longer to learn how to ride a bike.

10. Obsessions: You have an unusual ability to focus intently on a favorite activity or subject for hours without noticing the passage of time, other people or your environment.

I find it to hard to concentrate.

11. Repetitive behavior: You include unusual rituals or repetitive actions in your strict routine such as hand flapping or rocking back and forth. Many of these repetitive actions are performed in a very specific manner. For example, you may flap his hands four times before opening a door.

I don't do this but when I get anxious I might nibble on my finger nails or rock back and forth on my chair or poke my tounge in and out really fast or like you do when licking a puss.
jimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

lol, wouldn't the girl that your obsessed with be an obsession?

Sorry its just you would think it would jump out at you.
OpiodArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

I forgot to put that up but come to think of it, it is more of an obsession rather than your typical obsessive love thoughts.
jimity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kon

1. Problems with two-way conversation You talk at people rather than with them. You may try to talk about a favorite subject and not notice when people are not interested in it.

Sometimes

2. Difficulty with social cues: You may say or act inappropriately and seem oblivious to others' reactions. You may miss someone's subtle attempt to leave a conversation.

Sometimes

3. Social awkwardness: You want to make friends but have trouble figuring out how to make them or maintain friendships. You may have trouble maintaining long friendships and working relationships with co-workers.

No (Sometimes?)

4. Verbal instruction challenges: You have problems understanding verbal instruction and learn better with visual supports.

No

5. Mindblindness: You often takes things literally and do not understand subtle language. You have problems understanding other people's emotions and may respond inappropriately due to this misunderstanding.

Yes

6. Narrow interests: You may have a limited range of interests and no interest in participating in other activities or subjects.

Yes

7. Strict routines: You prefer a rigid routine and gets irrationally upset when the routine is disrupted.

Yes

8. Sensory problems: You may have unusual reactions to sounds, sights, physical contact or tastes such as an irrational fear of the sound of car horns.

Yes

9. Motor skill problems: You experience some limitations in both gross and fine motor skills. For example, you may have taken longer to learn how to ride a bike or gain skill at handwriting during childhood.

No

10. Obsessions: You have an unusual ability to focus intently on a favorite activity or subject for hours without noticing the passage of time, other people or your environment.

Yes

11. Repetitive behavior: You include unusual rituals or repetitive actions in your strict routine such as hand flapping or rocking back and forth. Many of these repetitive actions are performed in a very specific manner. For example, you may flap his hands four times before opening a door.

No

So I got a score of ~ 6/11.
Kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Out of those I have 3, 6, 9 and 10. If biting my nails when I think real hard counts, then I have 11 too.
InfiniteBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Do not self-diagnose. It's unhealthy.
bittertaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

1. Sorta, I dont do what it exactly describes, my problem more lies in saying very little, even to a subject i can relate.
2. yes and no. I think im over sensitive to cues, i can see reactions in peoples faces and usually pick up on the things they say (tho that all goes away when it comes to attraction), but it would appear i over estimate these cues, or it seems most people suck at these cues, like their facial expression or voice inflection indicates something other than what they are thinking/feeling. often times when this mistake happens, other people did not pick up on these cues.
3. Yes, except working relationships. I do just fine with coworkers.
4. Absolutely. From grade school till now, i have a terrrible time with verbal instructions. I usually forgot what i am told, and have to ask somebody else. and i wont compute what i am being told very fast, so if i have a question i always ask well after i was given instructions.
5. Yes, maybe its jsut me, but i always thouht it was less my problem, and more that other people are just terrible communicators. I can also have a hard time knowing what somebody 'meant' as opposed to what they say, like if they misspeak and use the wrong word. Its often hard for me to know if - they said the right word, they think they said the right word but its actually wrong, or they actually did use the wrong word, and i can come off as nitpicky about it if the words sound similar, because to me they are still completely different words.
6.disagree completely.
7. a little bit, not extreme.
8. i hate the feel of paper. probably no tho, as all people seem to experience this to a small degree.
9. nope.
10. I dont think so, im usually very aware of the time.
11. no.

So i am gonna guess im clear.
bobthebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)

I only have a few of those and they aren't that extreme. I used to think I had aspergers based on things I used to do as a kid, but I guess they aren't related to that.
CrimsonTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote