Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

don't want to try anymore

11K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Anon7 
#1 ·
I'm at a point where I don't want to try anymore. Whether I live the rest of my alone shifting one place to another and friendless, I will accept that. Life seems to get harder and harder each day and I really wonder what the point of trying to reach success when you have no friends to cherish or support one another through the ups and downs. I was completely wrong when I thought life after college would be much better. I thought life after college is when life really starts to shine and get better but I've become even more isolated. It's hard when you live alone in a new city and trying to be independent and ive trying to come to a point of not caring. I just wish to find that inner peace and self-security again that I had before

#5 ·
onlylordknows said:
I'm at a point where I don't want to try anymore. Whether I live the rest of my alone shifting one place to another and friendless, I will accept that. Life seems to get harder and harder each day and I really wonder what the point of trying to reach success when you have no friends to cherish or support one another through the ups and downs. I was completely wrong when I thought life after college would be much better. I thought life after college is when life really starts to shine and get better but I've become even more isolated. It's hard when you live alone in a new city and trying to be independent and ive trying to come to a point of not caring. I just wish to find that inner peace and self-security again that I had before
I think thats actually a positive thing

why should we try so hard throughout life and struggle all the time? What are we actually doing in this life...it feels like we're so busy trying to become something we forget to be alive in the process

we're able from what i see to make the decision to not try at all and make life less conflicting and difficult then why not do it? why not drop it all? Not drop life but the things we feel we need to become and that sort of bs

the other stuff you want and where you should be...that type of thinking...i notice that weight and pressure drops away when you stop trying to achieve all that stuff but our society feels like its upside down, we're told we need these things etc to make us happy but do we?

i'm not entirely sure but i think the pressure you might feel would not be there any longer if you see that the pressure comes from you trying to so hard to get to a place...i think it would be easier to just live and do things you enjoy...what i mean by just live is don't force yourself one way or the other, it just happens, you react and live when you're not putting any effort into it...i mean there's obviously responsibility i think we all have in some form being in this society of paying for rent and paying for food etc but why add more stress to ourselves by saying we need to do more and more and oh worrying about the future and....i don't know really bleh ablehas;lfja;sljfa;sldkjfasdfasf

#6 ·
I recently graduated college as well. It's stressful because its hard to find a good job where I live.

I can also dig those feelings of loneliness. I will try and hold onto the 2 friends I have or else ill be in a situation like you. You are correct that all the successes of life mean nothing if we have no one to share them with.

I cant really deny any of the facts you have stated. Its true that your situation seems real bad. If you wish to try once more, I suggest finding some type of group therapy for people with anxiety. This way you have at least another chance to make friends.

If you truly don't wish to try at all in life then may I suggest that you dedicate your life to religious endevours. Having religion in your life will give you a "companion" of sorts.

#7 ·
The same thing happened to me. I was constantly looking for life after college and idealized it. My interest, at the time, was computers and i thought that, after college, i could study in computers and the rest would be history. I was wrong. Only less than 20% of the classes were about computers. The rest was still phys.ed, math, english and so on. That really killed me and i got out of school for good.

I was lucky and did find a job in computers anyway but it still went down from there. I had completely burned myself doing things i was incapable of (like going to school - i was almost thrown out of it several times because i missed classes) under the pretense that things would get better.

I was like a corpse that dragged himself heroically for 1000 miles to find out that the water was a mirage.

That was 10 years ago and i've never worked since, and have since lived relatively happier. I make the best out of being a handicapped person instead of pretending not to be --- to myself and to others.

#8 ·
Inner peace does what it says on the tin.

It doesn't matter where you are or what you are doing. Imagine it as a light, negative thoughts like clouds blocking out the sun prevent you from seeing the light but it's always there.

This my friend, is always available to you. Stop thinking. Go within. Wherever you are, you don't need anything but this regardless of how sh*t your life may appear, this my friend is what you are searching for and it's with you all the time.

Aron

#11 ·
You just gotta stop wanting friends. I'm willing to bet you are going after the wrong type of people too. You aren't looking for people you REALLY would want as friends, as you are anyway, you would have to change yourself to be compatible with them.

Trying is not the solution. Your life is about you. Start focusing on you. Don't get involved in other people when you have enough on your plate. Figure out what you really want to spend your time doing, and start doing it. You have too much energy you're spending worrying, instead of getting stuff done and fulfilling yourself.

:)

#12 ·
Watske said:
The same thing happened to me. I was constantly looking for life after college and idealized it. My interest, at the time, was computers and i thought that, after college, i could study in computers and the rest would be history. I was wrong. Only less than 20% of the classes were about computers. The rest was still phys.ed, math, english and so on. That really killed me and i got out of school for good.

I was lucky and did find a job in computers anyway but it still went down from there. I had completely burned myself doing things i was incapable of (like going to school - i was almost thrown out of it several times because i missed classes) under the pretense that things would get better.

I was like a corpse that dragged himself heroically for 1000 miles to find out that the water was a mirage.

That was 10 years ago and i've never worked since, and have since lived relatively happier. I make the best out of being a handicapped person instead of pretending not to be --- to myself and to others.
I usually imagine how I would live if I was handicapped, or if I was a midget. Those are really big challenges to me because they totally crush your ego. It's a terrible mindset to be in where you are afraid of being handicapped. Nobody should be afraid of being handicapped, because the truth is, everyone's going to die sometime, and everything their ego had will be gone.

Plus, why not accept a challenge? Why live like a *****? The more challenging the more fun you can have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.