Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Don't count the days, make the days count!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pollster 
#1 ·
Write here what you are going to do tomorrow that is a positive step forward!
And do it! no excuses!
Don't make me come down from the attic:eek:

Each day you must write on here a positive thing to do, and hopefully it will inspire and motivate others.

This can be anything that makes you feel awkward.

Ok I'm going into town to buy a self help book!

#2 ·
hehehe

okay, last night was another night i spent a good part cleaning house. today shall be paperwork and attacking more phone calls as yesterday. and since there's no alcohol left in the house but rum, i may just do it!

cool, but make sure to read it once you buy it! i could fill your attic with self-help books i never cracked open! which one are you getting?
I haven't got a clue! I'm just going to have a look for something to change my thought patterns maybe cognitive therapy. Turning my negative self image around is my main goal at the moment. Any recommendations would be welcome.

P.s I'm sick of you filling my bedroom up with books lol!

#3 ·
^ Yeah, Healing the shame that binds us is great. The last third of the book has a bunch of exercises to do, but I haven't tried any yet - I'm still reading it.

I really like Mind Over Mood - it's a cognitive therapy workbook from 1995. It's amazing how much clearer you can see a situation when you do these thought records.

And I'm not very good at making commitments, but I'll try and take my resume to the career center tomorrow for some advice on it. If I get really nervous about it I'll do a thought record on it and see if that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.