Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Does anyone else have imaginary friends?

5K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  HollowayWasHere 
#1 ·
I do; I've had imaginary friends since I was about...um..6. Yeah, very sad, I know. :|

What I've noticed about the majority of my imaginary friends is that they're sort of a family unit...a family like the one I kinda missed out on during my childhood. My closest imaginary friends are the ones who are maternal, big - sister - like figures. I always wanted an older sibling I could feel safe with, and who would protect me from any kind of harm. :yes

Part of the reason why I have imaginary friends is just so I can feel like there's someone on my side. I've always craved one - on - one attention with people, and love feeling as if I'm the one someone likes "best." :)

Do any of you guys have imaginary friends for any reasons?

#9 ·
I have a gorgeous imaginary girlfriend.

#12 ·
That's one of my favorite cartoons, as a matter of fact! :D

#13 ·
I think thats very common :yes, whenever Im alone in my room I always like to imagine that Im talking to a "best friend" of mine so I guess I still have imaginery friends to :hide

#14 ·
umm ever since I got homeschooled I've seriously developed imaginary friends, like physically around me. I don't see them, I just pretend people are there so i can have 'someone' to talk to :/ I dont do it in public tho...I get lonely :/

#16 ·
To the OP:

Before I saw your username, I saw the pic.. and I thought "Is that Sterling Holloway, the man with the brilliant voice behind Kaa the Snake, the Cheshire Cat, and of course, Winnie the Pooh?" And then I saw your username and it was confirmed. Certainly appropriate for this thread, too. I know Christopher Robin could relate. :)

#17 ·
Yep, that's him all right! :yes Glad to see another Sterling Holloway fan!

You know, when he started his voice work for The Jungle Book, it was his idea for Kaa to have an aching back...just goes to show what a creative mind this guy had...I mean, he did what the directors wanted, but always put his own personal spin on it...

Yeah, I think Christopher Robin could definitely relate...and Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes, too...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.