X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Coping With Social Anxiety

Old 06-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default do you like see other people suffering?

"Yes", I answered. I was at the medical army right after the psych test, and the psychologist was interviewing me. She branded me "revisable" and I had go to the big barracks in the outskirts of Rome to be examined by other doctors to decide if I could have joined the army, or not.
If not my dad told me scary stories of being labeled insane for lifetime and not be able to get a job blah-blah
So the doctors saw my file and I was diagnosed as NPD, that's because of that answer I guess.
"What the hell? NPD? You're good for war boy!". Guessed so. In wartime there's a lot of suffering people to see.
But I didn't like the square-bashing so I dediced I was a conscientious objector and I was sent to care after disabled people for one year in a mutual company.
And, by a twist of fate, I seen a lot of people suffering.
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wait, what's NPD?

And in Italy isn't joining the military mandatory? Just seems like something worth mentioning because in many other countries, including the US, the military is a choice.

EDIT: Hold on, just found out that it hasn't been mandatory since 2004.. and it's interesting that only men were subject to this law and that conscription (the draft) could still be implemented.
modus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

I want to see all extroverts who have and are currently abusing shy people to be put into enclosures with wild beasts so they can see what it feels like to be fearful. As soon as they scream enough about how sorry they are and beg to be let out and are informed that this is how shy people often feel like having to deal with them, then they will be released back into society.
wootmehver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
SPC

absolutely not. ive been in the us army for almost two years now, deployed twice to afghanistan, still in afg now...maybe im just an emotional person but i never get used to see anybody suffer. even if its the "enemy".

-Paul Collier
SPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exobyte View Post
Wait, what's NPD?

And in Italy isn't joining the military mandatory? Just seems like something worth mentioning because in many other countries, including the US, the military is a choice.

EDIT: Hold on, just found out that it hasn't been mandatory since 2004.. and it's interesting that only men were subject to this law and that conscription (the draft) could still be implemented.
NPD is Narcissistic personality disorder. This was in 1993 and my actual therapist reconfirmed the diagnosis. Aaah, those bad old days...
Old 06-16-2011, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)

Only if they have caused me suffering and I did nothing to provoke it.
Mae West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Nope. I'd do my best to get anybody out of misery. Even if it's somebody, one who had put me down, i'd be of some help.
Paris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

If someone hurt me or bullied me i would always feel it was wrong to hurt them back, no matter how bad the abuse.It was pretty bad, but eventually i was forced to fight back.

But no..i've had thoughts in the past to hurt but I really don't desire to see others suffer because i like helping people, at the same time though many create there own suffering and there is nothing you can do to change them, no matter how hard you bang on their walls.I couldn't imagine war...you can't.The people who create such wars, who leech off all the people and kill them,suppress good values and amazing technology for the earth and all people in the name of power...they deserve to suffer.
Hamtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

No, I don't like to see people suffer......

But there are certainly some people out there who deserve to suffer.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Schadenfreude, I do sometimes.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

It depends if they have caused suffering on other people.... an eye for on eye IMO. A lot of people disagree with this but it seems justice in my eyes. I do hate to see suffering in general though, I feel like I want to help.
Durzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #12 (permalink)

I hate seeing any living creature suffer.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

Only if they did something to deserve it.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

anyway, NPD is quite about this. And that's also because you know you're being medicated for lifetime and social relationships (of every kind) have always been compromised for you. So, to each his own disorder, and everyone has their shady side, you're not going to walk in darkness if you let it out sometimes. Back in the 80's there was a telenovela named Los Ricos También Lloran. Telenovelas were aimed to poor and nearly illiterate people in latin america and this one had great success because the audience enjoyed seeing that rich persons also have their woes.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

Interesting.

I don't like to see people suffer. I believe in karma in some sense. They are lacking intelligence if they did something very hurtful to me. There is one girl who was a good friend but turned out to be very rude and an idiot. She constantly asks about me to any mutual friends and looks pathetic enough on her own. Revenge is something rarely needed. Things even out if you focus on success.

All the time they lie to me they suffocate
All the time they're suffering
So when will it end?
Jessie203 is offline   Reply With Quote