Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Anyone else feel awkward round people?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Beelz 
#1 ·
I often feel really awkward around people, even my best friend, family members, people I have known for years etc. i feel so awkward sometimes, with eye contact, long silences, wondering if they can tell that I feel awkward or if they think I'm odd. I can't even concentrate on a conversation sometimes because I am worried about the awkwardness, i rarely enjoy company anymore and I rarely laugh. Its horrible. Have lost a lot of friends and not so close to some people anymore :-( only been like this for the last 1-2 years

#2 ·
Yes i always feel awkward around new people. Usually can't concentrate on the conversation cuz all im thinking is what im going to say next or if they think im weird cuz im hardly saying anything to them. I've been working on this though. It's hard but i think im getting better at it.

#4 ·
I feel awkward and uncomfortable around everyone accept close friends, my parents and brother. My mind goes totally blank, I feel shut down and withdrawn and can't think of anything to say, probably analysing stuff in my head too much rather than being in the moment.

#5 ·
I mainly feel awkward around anybody who isn't my Mum, Dad or Sister. Other family members just don't seem to understand, and why should they if I don't tell them, lol. That's half the problem, right? you're so awkward that you simply cannot tell people there is an issue here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.