Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

New and slightly unsure

520 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Toad Licker 
#1 ·
So I found this site and made an account a little while ago, but just recently acquired the courage to post. I've struggled with SA and depression since middle school (I'm 19 now) when most of my friends shied away from me and a few joined the groups that bullied me. I was mostly bullied for being the quiet kid or the one who could always answer the teacher's questions. I'm still incredibly quiet, though I've tried to change that with the few people I talk with, even if I make a fool of myself. I have yet to do it with strangers, though.

I never really had a lot of friends; most of them gave up trying to get me to hang out with them. I have maintained two friends who have been there for me, one of them has stuck by me for a decade (I feel old saying that!). I hold them very dear to me and sometimes I feel as if I'm suffocating them, so I shut down to give them the space I think they want.

As far as improving my life goes, I recently started pursuing my passion, which is writing. The only downside is I find myself struggling to keep it going; I read a lot and constantly compare my writing abilities to the author's.

I guess that's all I'll make you read for an intro ;p. I'm not too sure what I expect of this site, but I'm hoping for the best! At least I was able to make myself post, and that's something haha.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey Korv welcome. :hyper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.