Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Why are criminals so smart?

1K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Greys0n 
#1 ·
I heard of the head of a huge criminal organization after being imprisoned only wrote and read in his cell. He claimed to have read more than 3000 books. How can he be so intellectual? I struggle to read even one book per year, but this guy has read thousands of them.

I also have read in the beginning of the organization the founders used the symbol of the Tao to represent the organization and gave a detailed explanation of the symbolism behind it. They know even about eastern philosophy. In their age they didn't even had internet, how did they know so much?

I am baffled at how smart those criminals are. I guess it has a link with their criminal lifestyle. It takes superhuman skills to stand the extreme stress of a criminal job. That's why us normies only work in safe fast food jobs.

#3 ·
This is one reason why I read so many books. I'm afraid to leave my house, so it might as well be a prison. So I read a lot so I can at least feel like I'm doing something productive during my prison sentence.

Some people can read a book in a day or two. If reading is your 'habit', then it's not hard to get through a couple hundred books a year. I read 75 last year. But people who read that fast are generally reading commercial fiction, which is designed to be easily consumed. It takes much longer to read something like Being and Nothingness or Das Kapital.

#4 ·
Most criminals are depressingly stupid. The head of a major criminal organization is likely to have significant skills and intelligence or wouldn't have been able to build / become the head of a major criminal organization.

#13 ·
Because the police can surprise them in many ways, usually when you try to escape cops they would come out of no where. Plus, the criminals have no idea what will happen next so yeah, they are usually unprepared...again, this is just what I think. I don't know what they do.

#12 ·
Criminals usually plan out things out, study the location they are about to rob and then they'll go in. They don't just go in unexpected, I can imagine if they did, it's an insta fail. This what I think at least, I don't know what they do but this is a guess.

#16 ·
They do need a certain level of great intelligence to have the tech savvy-ness to brag about their crime and upload evidences of their crime on their social media. Tweeting a photo of their stolen wads of cash, an arsenal of pistols that just purchased illegally and used as a murder weapon, bags of crack and dope they are about to sell all laid out on their dining table. And then their entire posse crew surrounding that table positing with hand gestures of fingers twisted randomly right alongside their mean mugging faces. Captions of those photo hashtagging the identities of every single person in that photo. An hour later, they commit murders with those very guns and sell most of those drugs. Then they tuck those same guns on their waistbands and their unsold dope in their pockets right afterwards to hang out in a downtown area walking around and shouting obscenities, vandalizing, verbally harassing police as they see them. They catch their attention and get arrested. Then complain about police harassing them and wonder in the jail cell about how on earth did they get caught. DA goes -it's these guys again?- do not want to deal with them out of laziness and resource stinginess. Releases them once again. Rinse and repeat and those guys do the complete same thing. Another cycle begins and again they end up in the jail cell wondering how are they caught for the 10 straight time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.