Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What to do when you're no longer motivated?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  King Moonracer 
#1 ·
What is someone who is no longer motivated in life by anything, someone who doesn't find a purpose in life suppose to do? I feel like my time has expired. The worst part is that I don't know how real anything is since I don't experience reality. I have depersonalization a little but derealization 24/7. Everything lacks vividness, clarity, colors less intense, objects not so solid, everything that makes up reality what you see with your own eyes. I have no vision problems, all symptoms point to this disorder. It's seriously just like being in the Twilight Zone, seeing everything through the eyes of someone who is always underwater wearing goggles. I'm tired of pretending every day that everything is normal or okay. I have to pretend that everything is normal in this world by keeping this secret away from others while I find this world, the people, and the experience of life very strange to me. I'm tired of this life game. But if I had a purpose in life, a goal then it would keep me occupied from these thoughts. And I'm not suicidal.

#2 ·
Wow, I've never heard about depersonalization, but from the way you describe it, it sounds like something interesting to research.

Consider writing a short story or something that depicts how you view various events. A fiction, nonfiction, or a fiction loosely based on nonfictional events. It would give other's an interesting insight into how you see things, and you'll also have the gratification of knowing you've entertained someone.

#4 ·
Interesting read - never came across that particular mental health problem. Probably harder to suggest ideas as having a complete disconnection with reality is somewhat of a barrier. Prior to feeling less motivated what were your interests / hobbies? Sometimes a break is required in order to revitalise your passions in life.

#5 ·
Wow sounds alot like me, except u have worse derealizastion than me. Sometimes on rare occasions it actually feels lile dreams are realer than life.

When i was off meds for 6 months i also felt the " no purpose in life thing".. So the only thing i did was homework. And think. I camr to the conclusion that society isnt evem real, but just a big collective thought shared by everyone that influences our behavior to
do stupis things. For me, ivr just said screw it. Ive accepted myself and am being carried by the wind of time..... Haha

ya im goin to school for psychology. Hopefully i can do something awesome with it. Psychology is so important, and we dont evem notice it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.