Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

What exactly is allowed for check-in baggage now?

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  cakesniffer 
#1 ·
In a week or two I'll be going to NYC to visit someone for a couple of days. I can't imagine being without my cellphone or laptop while waiting between layovers for a couple of hours. It would be just too boring. Are cellphones and laptops required to be placed into checked-in baggage now?

#5 ·
Phew. I just wanted to double check since I thought I heard on the news that they those crafty terrorists were trying to use a cellphone as a device to set off their contraptions. At least I can still play solitaire while I'm waiting for my connecting flight :b .

#7 ·
Food and Drinks

All beverages
Cheese in pressurized containers
Duty free alcohol and other items (Please see our section on Duty Free Items)
Gel based sports supplements
Jellos
Pudding
Whipped cream
Yogurt or gel like food substances

***EasyCheese, Yoplait, or Cool Whip were things I would never have thought about even taking to the airport. :roll

#9 ·
kikachuck said:
millenniumman75 said:
***EasyCheese, Yoplait, or Cool Whip were things I would never have thought about even taking to the airport. :roll
Same here. I was curious as to under what circumstances would whipped cream and jello needed to be brought on to a plane as a carry on :lol
There's an Airline show on A&E and on one episode there was a woman who had ten tubs of "I can't believe it's not butter" in her purse that she was taking with her to where ever she was going because its all she uses on her food and she was worried that they would have it where ever she was going . And the guy at the check in counter noticed it and asked her about it because he never saw anyone do that before.

#10 ·
kikachuck said:
millenniumman75 said:
Same here. I was curious as to under what circumstances would whipped cream and jello needed to be brought on to a plane as a carry on :lol
Perhaps for those kinky and adventurous people who want to join the mile high club :whip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.