Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Train of thought

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  knightbird123 
#1 ·
I noticed that SA totally blurs my train of thought when I keep up a long conversation with someone who I barely know. Does anyone get this? I just go blank and I cannot formulate anything new to say.

#4 ·
Yea, I always have this feeling like I need to re-learn everything, like start at step one when I operate outside of my house. This can explain my clumsy behavior or not paying attention to what I am doing. I noticed I can only converse through short phrases rather than actually talk with someone and have an all out conversation. With this problem, I dont see how I can hold down a full time job or even start a family.

The only people I can have a full conversation with are my brother, cousins and best friend. I can sit will all of them and have an all out conversation. This makes me realize that in order for me to actually have a good conversation, I need to have known the people throughout my lifetime. This causes me to believe that SA is caused by some kind of phobia, distrust or lack of understanding about others. SA I guess is like a person who is paranoid of speaking to people that they have a limited recollection of. An person with SA will probably feel at ease recollections must be made up of positive interactions rather than negative.

I remember going on a date and this girl who was like "come on say something". We were eating dinner and honestly, I just couldnt come up with one damn thing to say. I was like in a waiting state of mind. Waiting for what, I have no idea. It was not even that I was nervous. I guess I cant really operate socially with people, especially females. What do you guys think is the reason for this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.