X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Discussion > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2007, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Things your friends do that annoy you

and things you can't stand about them in general.

Even if you don't have real-life friends, it can be people you talk to online.

Tell it..
BeNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

When we're working on something, if I lay a tool down where I can reach it, he picks it up and puts it away, even though we're still in the middle of a project and I'll need that tool again.
Amocholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Default re: Things your friends do that annoy you

When my best g/f IMs me and never says hello, goes right into whatever drama is going on in her life and totally ignores anything that I have to say if it's outside of what she's talking about. Conversations are give and take

~Def Leppard~
leppardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

When my friend tells me what a great time she's had; or terrible time she's having and does not give 2 hoots about whether I've had a good/bad time when I ring her - she's immune!
lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hanging out at my friend's house with nothing to do, and we go into his computer room and I sit down with him and his smelly dogs and watch him go on MySpace and look at people's profiles. "Emma's new picture is awesome", "Ohh, Lauren left me a comment.. hahaha", and then he proceeds to respond to them by leaving a comment in their profile. LKJFLKSDJLFKJSDL!!!! WHAT?? Communicating through comments, putting your conversations on display? What kind of demented exhibitionism is this?? So.. friggin.. lame. Then he listens to all of this new music that one of the girls above sent him, and it's all he listens to now, in addition to the latest new alternative kind of band on the radio, which of course he likes. "I'm lovin' that new Stereophonics/Death Cab For Cutie/Blue October" song. Oh, and he'll put on Imogen Heap or whatever her name is. Boring. I feel like an ***, but I guess I realize how different I am from him.

I've mentioned it before, but I hate hanging out with people and they text with their friends. Sorry, you are hanging out with ME. I don't care if we are talking about something or not. Put your stupid phone away.

The same goes for cell phone conversations that last for more than five minutes.

Wait... didn't I already make this thread..?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Re: re: Things your friends do that annoy you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeNice
Hanging out at my friend's house with nothing to do, and we go into his computer room and I sit down with him and his smelly dogs and watch him go on MySpace and look at people's profiles. "Emma's new picture is awesome", "Ohh, Lauren left me a comment.. hahaha", and then he proceeds to respond to them by leaving a comment in their profile. LKJFLKSDJLFKJSDL!!!! WHAT?? Communicating through comments, putting your conversations on display? What kind of demented exhibitionism is this?? So.. friggin.. lame. Then he listens to all of this new music that one of the girls above sent him, and it's all he listens to now, in addition to the latest new alternative kind of band on the radio, which of course he likes. "I'm lovin' that new Stereophonics/Death Cab For Cutie/Blue October" song. Oh, and he'll put on Imogen Heap or whatever her name is. Boring. I feel like an ***, but I guess I realize how different I am from him.

I've mentioned it before, but I hate hanging out with people and they text with their friends. Sorry, you are hanging out with ME. I don't care if we are talking about something or not. Put your stupid phone away.

The same goes for cell phone conversations that last for more than five minutes.

Wait... didn't I already make this thread..?
Whoa man that sounds a lot like my 'friend'. He tries way too hard to be cool.

The other day I was playing him in some NBA game for XBox 360 which he plays everyday. I didn't even feel like playing anymore but he insisted he'd play me. So I went along with it and he wound up killing me. He trashed talked the whole time to me and tried to rub it in my face just to piss me off, but the thing was I didn't even care. I told him I was tired of playing video games the whole day. Then he got all offended and said "I don't play video games the whole day. I go out to parties and drink. You just stay home and do nothing" (this is true though). Then I responded by sarcastically telling him how COOL he was since he DRINKS. Lastly he responded by telling me he wasn't going to take me home and I had to walk!

One time he was all excited to show me his new cellphone wallpaper. So he took out his phone and on the screen was a picture of two corona bottles. He was like "isn't that awesome?"

The other day he sent me a text message telling how much he's "got my back" then the next day in front of a group of our friends he tried to make fun of me. He's so two-faced.
But my hands are busy in the air"
~ Incubus
Redefine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

there are a lot of things my friends do that annoy me, and lately whenever i see them (which isn't often at all) i notice those things more and more and i just can't enjoy being around them(but that goes for anyone).
Old 01-31-2007, 05:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

When they do not respond to e-mails, but I am guilty of that as well. I annoy people all of the time
GraceLikeRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

When my friend (and roommate), sings his heart out any time he's in the bathroom.

He must think it's sound-proof
Old 01-31-2007, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

When my friend calls me 10 times in a row if I don't answer my phone. Don't people know how to leave a message?
But I'm not prepared to die
No more a human being
Just a fool of anxiety
Unable to escape
The darkest insanity
Bad Religion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

I made a topic like this a long time ago with almost the exact same title. Not many people responded though.

I hate being spoken to in a condescending way. That includes calling things I do "cute". Sometimes I can tolerate it and sometimes I can't. I'll tell her I hung out with another friend and she'll go, "How cute." It's not something she means genuinely either. It's just her way of... something. Or I'll express an opinion about something and she'll go, "You're so cute." Being called cute (and I don't mean physically) makes me feel like the person sees me as being lower than they are. It's different when the person is younger but depending on how it's used, it can seem really condescending when it's towards a peer or especially someone older.

I also hate when people try to make me feel stupid by slowing down their words, treating me the way they would treat a mentally challenged person or something. And I hate when people use that "duh" tone with me.

A friend also calls me a lot, almost everyday. I'm the type of person who really values her alone time so it drives me crazy inside although I don't show it. She's a close friend so it's not that easy--I can't just not pick up or make up an excuse. It doesn't help that our calls last hours. She knows I don't do anything so we just stay on for the whole afternoon. I guess it's my fault that I don't talk to her about it, but I just don't have the courage to confront people about those kind of things so I just can't. I try to just enjoy it sometimes but some days, I can't help but feel extremely annoyed.
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

One of my friends, let's call her Rachel, sometimes states her opinions as if they were facts. This particularly annoys me when she tells me how I feel (it's really how she perceives me and concludes that I feel; but I wouldn't know it from her tone or choice of words), and when she makes deprecating predictions about how other people will behave (again, she makes it sould like a foregone conclusion).

My friend also refers to certain people as "beautiful" in this same manner. When one of my students opines that someone is a "babe" or is "hot", I can easily understand that this is his or her opinion; and when Rachel says it that way, it is equally lucid. But all too often she'll refer to someone as "beautiful" or "perfect" and sound like it's an objective notion. It's so ... counterrevolutionary!! I mean, here my school -- and I would have thought hers -- has worked so long to obliterate this whole appearance-as-status thing; and she talks like this and reifies it. It's like she's pouring a venom into my mind.

Okay, end of rant.
Curmudgeon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

When I'm running late and they call non-stop to slow me down even more. And, friend or no friend, it annoys me when people don't listen. I made the effort to speak, the least you could do is listen to wtf I have to say!
ShyFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

My friend: "What's wrong?"
me: "nothing"
friend: "Are you ok?"
me getting annoyed: "I'm FINE"
friend a few min later: "What's the matter?"
me: "NOTHING!"

Seems like she does this everytime I see her, which I know she is just being concerned but jeez lay off. Either nothing really is wrong with me or I don't want to talk about it.
staceypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #15 (permalink)

constantly doing socialy active things - dam them!
Old 02-01-2007, 11:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Ignore e-mails or other online communication. After a while, I figure they're really no longer a friend.
Optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

-Texting 60 WPM when I'm trying to have a conversation with you is annoying
-Every time we hang out it's "Let's go visit @#$!" instead of doing what we planned to do, and the person is always lame
-Apparently, paying to see the same local ska band (who are unfunny dorks who think they are funny / talented) once a week is more important than having our OWN band, and eventually performing our OWN shows
-Not understanding a word I say during an intellectual conversation, but pretending to
-One of them is whipped by the other one, and this always causes stupid drama when I'm with them.
-Get excited over the lamest shows (which include bands who think that throwing your guitar around your body is still cool)
-Listen to the same songs every time we're in the car (it's always ska too, the most annoying style of music imaginable)

There is so much more. I don't even bother to hang out with them anymore, being alone is more fun.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Must stink to be 18 and have to hang out with a bunch of fools, NewWorld. Ska is alright, I guess, but I thought that whole thing died out in like 1997. I'm not close to my sister's friends and don't have so much in common with them, but they are all artist, somewhat dorky types and are more into music I like, and tend to be older. I can be uncomfortable around them, but it's actually a breath of fresh air when I recall hanging around with younger folks who are sometimes a little naive. I just think "god, I'm past this stage, and was when I was 18-19, and I wish my sister and her b/f and everyone else was here instead."

I can definately understand the not forming a band thing. I'd love to make music with people. More than anything I wish I had fellow musicians that I could collaborate with, but it didn't have to be an official "band" at first. A lot of guys out there are too quick to do that utra-riff rock stuff, or in other words doing too much to impress. I'm more into making music people sit down to listen to, and maybe even fall asleep to.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Ska is the current fad around my town I guess. I don't really mind it all that much, but when you hear it all the time it can get very annoying.

And I know what you mean about that last paragraph. I listen to lots of metal and "riff-salad" music, but the music I sit down and make tends to be more relaxing, ambient, not too complex... sometimes even quite primitive. Friends I have tried to make music with usually aren't very creative though, and in the end it always turns out to be more or less of a solo effort.

One of the friends I talked about in the above post actually has a brother who is about your age, BeNice... the guy is exactly like me, same taste in music and everything... I only wish he was my age, because he's moved out of state by now, has a band with guys his age, and so on..
Old 02-02-2007, 08:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

Being ignored to or lied to in anyway. Also not being understood and being told to just snap out of my SA, and people insisting that most people are good when I know differently.
And I suppose if I had a rl friend now then them talking on their cell while being out with me would prolly annoy me.
LoneLioness is offline   Reply With Quote