Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Sense of taste/smell

957 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Zephyr 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a horrid sense of taste/smell? I don't know what happened to me, but my sense of taste and smell has been getting worse and worse as the years go on. Right now I'm eating an apple and I can't taste it at all!

Fun fact: my food cravings last for a very long time because I'll eat whatever I'm craving and be unable to taste it. I once craved pancakes for an entire month just because I could never taste them. ):

#2 ·
I would go to the Doctor, you never know.

My Dad, who is 56 now I think, has completely lost his sense of smell and they're running a lot of tests to see if it's anything worse :\

#3 ·
I keep asking my mom to go see the nose, ears, throat, and mouth doctor or whatever they're called. She just keeps telling me to remind her during a break from school and I always forget. Bah!

Having a messed up sense of taste/smell is more annoying than a cold too. At least with a cold you can't taste at all, but with whatever I have it's sort of on and off. There's some foods I can taste and others I can't at all.

#4 ·
could be many reasons. I have olfactory hallucinations where I start to smell foul odors like dead flesh, feces, or urine and the food taste like chalk. I would see a Otolaryngologist or a primary doctor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.