Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Discussion > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I'm ready to die

I am so depressed in life now that all I can think about is of when I die. I think about the ceremony, where I will be buried, what kind of tombstone I will get, what I should be wearing in the casket, all of this is important to me. It's like I am ready to die. I feel like my time is over. I just want to peacefully die so I can sleep for a long time. I don't even want to be reincarnated anymore, only if I am guaranteed a good life in my next life. I am not suicidal, I never was, I would never do it, it's not in me and not my style. I just want to know when I am going to die like in a dream. I feel like I am dead already, that has to do more with my mental disorder I have, depersonalization and derealization.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Why do you think you feel this way, despite not being suicidal? Can you elaborate at least a little bit?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

*hugs* ShinAkuma, things will turn ou pebtter , promie. HAve you talken to anyone ele about these thoughts?

find a way to express yo wanger, things will be fine <33 hugs
Old 11-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yo! You just wrote out word for word how I feel. Thats wild! I dont want to kill myself, but if I died I dont think id mind. Ive got peeps thatd miss me, so I guess i'll be there for em as long as im here. I went through a long period of that whole derealization and depersonalization, still happens when I get stressed, but its hard to relate to others when you feel like that. Just know you are not alone in how you feel, and what I do is connect with peeps so that helps with dereal./depers. Hang in there. See a doctor if things get outta hand, you know. Peace!
Old 11-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Looking back at my social anxiety when I was younger it seemed to me to progress over time something like this:

1) Fear of negative outcomes from socializing (e.g. being humiliated, insulted, or cast out of social circles) caused any social interaction to be a painful experience.

2) Although the fears were hardly ever realized the pain was remembered and thus caused additional anxiety during the next social experience.

3) This new pain was again remembered and there was an additive effect as each historical painful social experience contributed to all the subsequent experiences. Like touching a very hot stove, the pain experienced from touching the stove caused me to withdraw from further contact.

Ironically, I believe the best thing for me at the beginning stages would have been to have my worst fear realized (complete and forced social rejection) so that I could have learned at that point that a new life can be built through my own efforts unreliant on other peoples' opinion.
That would have allowed me to fear each social situation less and thus the stovetop would not have felt so hot, so to speak.

Can you focus on what exactly it is you fear rather than on the fear itself? I don't know if this long post will help or if it would have helped a younger me but I thought I would throw it in anyways. Good luck!
Old 11-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have things way worse than you do, even though I dont know anythign about you , dont give up

Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomenne View Post
I have things way worse than you do,
I am sorry ou don't kow if you do or not for him- can't just judge and make self pity make yourse worse then everyone else- their is alwas going to be someone worse off then yu- one thgn i learned, thrugh out the years.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma View Post
It's like I am ready to die.
One could argue that you're close to attain complete freedom, when you REALLY stop fearing death and completely accept it (not "yeah, I accept it, but not right now, I have **** to do..."), you have nothing else to be afraid of, any consequence of your actions is a mere bump on the road.

And I'm being pseudo-philosophical because I'm sleepy...

As long as you're not suicidal, you're fine.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

The world needs you!.. Remember you can still make a positive difference in another persons life.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

I can relate to feeling like you're just going through the motions, like you're living in a giant waiting room.. just waiting for the inevitable. It's weird huh.... just existing but not living. I have piles of paper work piling up, just life, the system, things I'm suppose to do but I don't and they just keep piling up and I don't care I don't want to deal with life or living.. just to merely exist until something takes me. Maybe between now and then a reason will come out of nowhere and these feelings will dissipate *shrugs*.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

I feel pretty close to exactly what you typed...you're really good with words.
I don't have it in me to actually think about killing myself, yet I don't really want to be alive =/
Hang in there, dude. Hopefully there is always light at the end of every dark tunnel.
They told me I didn't understand the assignment,
I told them they didn't understand life."

"Loneliness is a disease, like any other, there must be a cure, a cure, and i will find it."
Old 11-26-2011, 01:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

I used to think like that, but now I really don't care much for ceremonies, funerals, and if I'm gonna be missed. All I know is, whenever I die, I suggest the funeral be a giant keg party and people dance, and they can play my favorite music. I don't need a tombstone, don't need a eulogy, or a priest to tell me how I lived.
Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

I feel you.

It's depression that is making you feel this way. You only get one chance at life(that we know of for sure) and since you're not going to kill yourself, you might as well keep making attempts at getting better, no? Try again tomorrow. And if it doesn't happen, try again the next day. Each day is a new day to try again, and hopefully one of those days is the start of a journey that doesn't end.
The time between right now and your death is going to pass no matter what, it's up to you how enjoyable, or miserable, that time is.

-Ricky Williams blames pot for his failed NFL drug test
Old 11-26-2011, 01:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

On another note, it's a slap in the face that if your close friends and family didn't care about you when you lived, but suddenly show up and realized they care a lot about you after you're dead. I never got that...tis why I hate funerals and find them to be a complete farce.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Default I thought it was just me

This story is very very familiar. I can understand exactly what youre going through. I still am very depressed....alot. The only thing is. I want to die NOW. I'm trying my best to not kill myself because religiously speaking, I dont know what awaits me on the other side if I do. Thats what has stopped me all this time from doing it. Also, I cant find a not so painful way to do it. I have a therapist and a psychiatrist. I have a seizure disorder along with all of this. IT'S CRAZY.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

i can relate.

i dot think its depression though. ive pretty much always been this way. i feel like i run at a completely different frequency than every one else. i just can relate to other homan beings, my sig describes it.

ive been fixated for a while on my death too. the difference is i dont want a funeral, i dont even what them to find my body. i keep having these recurring thoughts/images of me disappear in yosemite national park and never be found again.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #17 (permalink)

And it goes on and on and on... heaven and hell.

I want to explode like Mega Man and turn into a pile of dust to be swept up among the stars.
Why did it all turn out like this for me? I had so much promise. I was personable, I was bright. Oh, maybe not academically speaking, but I was perceptive. I always know when someone's uncomfortable at a party. It became very clear to me sitting out there today, that every decision I've ever made, in my entire life, has been wrong. My life is the opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every aspect of life, be it something to wear, something to eat, it's all been wrong.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #18 (permalink)

HOW did you find this OLD thread and bump it and being a brand-new member?
Kinda odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmann72 View Post
This story is very very familiar. I can understand exactly what youre going through. I still am very depressed....alot. The only thing is. I want to die NOW. I'm trying my best to not kill myself because religiously speaking, I dont know what awaits me on the other side if I do. Thats what has stopped me all this time from doing it. Also, I cant find a not so painful way to do it. I have a therapist and a psychiatrist. I have a seizure disorder along with all of this. IT'S CRAZY.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
I am sorry ou don't kow if you do or not for him- can't just judge and make self pity make yourse worse then everyone else- their is alwas going to be someone worse off then yu- one thgn i learned, thrugh out the years.
whoa did ventura type like this typically??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversEdge View Post
HOW did you find this OLD thread and bump it and being a brand-new member?
Kinda odd
i think that's usually how things get revived. because the thread comes up in google for them and then, occasionally, the person feels strongly enough to make an account on whatever forum the thread is from to post something (often the poster doesn't realize how old the thread is as well, which contributes to their decision to post).
Old 01-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thank you.
I usually think negative at first, so I was suspicious.

btw, I also took notice to Ventura's posts in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
i think that's usually how things get revived. because the thread comes up in google for them and then, occasionally, the person feels strongly enough to make an account on whatever forum the thread is from to post something (often the poster doesn't realize how old the thread is as well, which contributes to their decision to post).