X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Discussion > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I called Social Phobics Anonymous

I called last week but nobody was there. Today I called again, the Social Phobics Anonymous, asked the guy what I'm supposed to press so nobody can hear me, this guy told me not to interrupt, disconnected me, I called again, then he said he's goin to press criminal charges if I call again and disconnected me. All I wanted to do was listen to the conversation and maybe then participate. I've only been there a few times and you can't give advice to people, this is not therapy or support, it's just a guy reading material from the site which other people get a chance to read the same thing, so if you're thinking about calling, be careful, this guy whoever he is, he has some major problems. This so called support group is useless.
MobiusX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was on the line and remember hearing your call. I would call in every week. The moderator i think his name is Phil, seems to have paranoia about people gossiping and spreading rumors about the callers. And would go on long rants about it. Ive heard him several times hang up on people and threaten legal action. Yeah, right. Really not a good atmosphere for socially anxious people, and not helpful at all. i Havent called back in a while
Stanley Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds like a scam...

--- Thomas Jefferson
Cletis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Social Phobics Anonymous?
wut?
successful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Location: Leading a cult in the forests of Eastern Central N.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma View Post
I called last week but nobody was there. Today I called again, the Social Phobics Anonymous, asked the guy what I'm supposed to press so nobody can hear me, this guy told me not to interrupt, disconnected me, I called again, then he said he's goin to press criminal charges if I call again and disconnected me. All I wanted to do was listen to the conversation and maybe then participate. I've only been there a few times and you can't give advice to people, this is not therapy or support, it's just a guy reading material from the site which other people get a chance to read the same thing, so if you're thinking about calling, be careful, this guy whoever he is, he has some major problems. This so called support group is useless.
i bet the whole things being run by psych patients in a hospital somewhere as part of there treatment plan or as just something to keep em occupied during the day.
" Dad died and I slipped in a coma, I was awake but I listened to no one. I was distant, I was pissed off, I was the last living Christoff, and I was angry with the other side of my window. A side that I wasnt built for. A side that I wasnt fit for. Convinced I was better off indoors, untill my pills run out and my killed buzz makes me sick till I refill my script up "

Derek Christoff a.k.a D-Sisive
Dr Hobo Scratch MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Hobo Scratch MD View Post
i bet the whole things being run by psych patients in a hospital somewhere as part of there treatment plan or as just something to keep em occupied during the day.
LOL Could be...

--- Thomas Jefferson
Cletis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

At least he didn't tell you to snap out of it and then declare you too stubborn to be cured.
PickleNose is offline   Reply With Quote