Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

i abused my girlfriend's dog

39K views 99 replies 47 participants last post by  KILOBRAVO 
#1 ·
I'm thanos and i just turned 22.I'm studying economics at university and i'm from a good family that gave me lots of love.I used to loose my temper easily in the past when my friend were bullying me.If i did something bad i felt sorry afterwards and asked for apology but i've never hit someone.I'm not very social in meeting new people but i have 6-7 close friends for nearly 10 years who i see everyday.I'm also in a relationship with a girl for 10 months who i really love.I've also never been abused by my parents but i had bad experience when i was 14-15 when they began shouting to each other for months and they were on the verge of taking a divorce.It was awfull.Other than that i have a normal and healty life. My problem is that i abused my girlfriends dog.I had a dog during summer times for 2 years and i really loved him and i've never hit him.After spending more time with my girlfriends dog i started loving her petting her playing with her etc.But one day my girlfriend went to buy something and left me alone with the dog.
For an unknown reason i started hitting the dog hard.I slapped her and kicked her for like 5-6 minutes.Then i burst into tears and called my girlfriend and explained her what happened.I felt so bad for this...because it was my girlfriend's dog.I can't believe i enjoyed hitting and animal who was defend less and make it fear me.My girlfriend didn't break up with me although that should be the right thing.When i try to explain her the way i hit the dog she just doesn't want to listen.I have also talked about it with my mother.
This has happened 3 months ago.I haven't touched the dog ever since but i have never been left alone to test this.I just try not to think of it.I have gained some of the dogs trust back but she is still afraid of me :(
I'm a very emotional and i always try to be a better person but why did this happen? I've never hit a person.I searched the internet for answers but i can't find anything.It's difficult to find a good psychologist and i don't have the money to do it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear about that... it's good that you apologized to your girlfriend and gained some of the dog's trust back. Seeing a psychologist would be the best solution here, if you're worried about why it happened or whether it might happen again. Do you have insurance?

You might want to ask yourself some questions... Have you experienced other impulsive, poor choices like that? Even if it wasn't abuse? Do you feel empathy for the dog or your girlfriend? Have you been stressed out, depressed, or going through a difficult time? What was going on that day before the abuse happened -- what events took place, what mood were you in, how did you make the decision to do it?

If you can't afford therapy, I'd suggest continuing to look around the internet for answers to help yourself. And hopefully others can chime in on this forum with helpful suggestions. I know it can be hard when you strongly regret something, but can't take it back. Good luck with everything...

#8 ·
i feel empathy to the poor dog but also to my girlfriend... i'm such an idiot... i don't know why i did this.I enjoyed torturing the poor dog but i wasn't thinking while i was doing this... i'm so scared but mainly for myself ... if there was a purpose for doing it like the dog got me mad and i kicked it then it would be better... i only did this cause i recieved pleasure from my evil act... i know some of you dont believe me but i'm serious... i wish it was a lie too but its the sad truth :(

#3 ·
Perhaps you have some unconscious desire/pleasure for violence? Perhaps you feel the need to make others respect you more/to fear you so you take it out on a helpless animal? People say serial killers start as animal abusers but of course, you're not gonna become a serial killer just because of one isolated incident. As long as you recognize what you've done wrong, feel guilty for hurting a harmless animal, and vow to never do it again, then you'll be okay. That means you have to learn to realize what you are doing in the moment, recognize the consequences of your actions, and change/take appropriate actions necessary to avoid hurting something else. Don't think of "testing" whether you'll hurt the dog or not the next time you two are alone; set your mind completely on "NO. I won't hurt the dog." That being said, being conscious and in control of yourself at all times can help with future possible incidences.

#4 ·
The OP does not seem right. First post and about a weird tale of abusing a dog?

Why give your name (assuming it is true) and what you are studying?

Also i am not sure many GF's would stick with someone who beat the hell out of their dog for 5 minutes.

#7 ·
i'm not lying guys... i'm serious.I told you that i'm studying to give you some info about my backround. Please i need some help. I have also sent this to allexperts but noone was able to help and just told me to go to a psycologist.Why would i troll? My girlfriend loves me so much that doesn't want to break up with me.I thought we were going to broke up ... but she didn't even think of that.Maybe because she hasn't let me explain her what really happened... :( i'm serious guys and i won't just post 2-3 post and then disapear

#9 ·
I love how you gave us a nice lil introduction lmao!!
Obviously the emotions you kept bottled up came out at that point, and animals are a perfect candidate to let some steam off, that's why there are laws against it now. Not condoning animal abuse at all.
Perhaps you felt jealous towards your gf's dog? Perhaps you did hit your own dog you just aren't telling us? The fact you feel bad about it means you aren't all that bad of a person so you have that...

#10 ·
no seriously i haven't hit my dog... i was also playing with him alot during summer period...it was a dog we had at our house where we live during our summer vacations... it never crossed my mind to hit him ever.I don't know from the first time i saw my girlfriends dog it felt somewhat strange... i don't know ...there were mixed emotions it was also cute because it was a small dog but i also felt a bit jealous i think. Sometimes before that happened i have pulled the dogs leash hard when i took her out for a walk on purpose ... i feel so sick for myself...

#11 ·
I just hope the dog is okay. That kind of abuse could have had a really bad ending.

#13 ·
You need to look at what makes you angry and puts you into a rage. Is it really worth what you do while in that rage?

#92 ·
are you dumb or something? I put my dog in the cage once because it was hot as hell in the garage and I put the fan in front of it to get used to it. You call that dog abuse? I take my dog to the veterinarian, pay for the medication, walk it, give it food and water, if it wasn't for me the dog would be dead. I'm even going to pay for a knee surgery it needs after I get money from my taxes. Think before typing next time. This is the video of me abusing my dog by the way. It's now used to the fan.

#31 ·
@Born2, you sound like a good, intelligent guy. I had once out of nowhere smacked my dog too. I was a teenager. I am still sorry for that to this day. I can't explain it. I just tell myself it was a glitch in life.

I don't think you need treatment. All i ask is that you please treat that dog with love

#32 ·
Thanos? Thanos is either the character from Marvel comics and Thanos means death.

But whether or not you are legit. I will respond even though I am probably wasting my time.

You seem to be the tough guy type and you probably feel justified to hurt an animal like this. It sounds like a very sick impulse that you have and you probably need to see a psychiatrist.

But since you are poor you should probably go to jail now and tell them what you did and maybe they can help you there. It sounds blunt but that is what it seems like. It is obviously not normal to hurt an animal unless you are some sort of psychopath that you are controlling individual.

I am surprised that you girlfriend is still with you she must be insecure about herself. She is pretty dumb from not removing the dog from you when you are alone with it. If she wants to be with you, you have to remove the dog from your home you can't live with that **** if you are going to do that.

#36 ·
It's extremely obvious what happened here. The years of bullying and abuse built up for so long that you snapped on the dog, knowing she couldn't hit back, just like the bullies did to you. This kind of thing happens all the time.

You need to work it out by talking to people and confronting the issue. Don't let these kinds of things build up or it will eat away at your empathy and you might eventually snap again.

#37 ·
I totally get it. I actually strangled my dog once. But that was because I was so angry for so long and didnt know it. When you get use to keeping anger bottled you just go off. When I strangled my dog i cried and was so scared of myself. Me? the ability and longing to kill? yeah. after that I learned what im capable of and make sure I keep myself in check. My dog loves me to this day. I will never do it again. It keeps you soft in a sense. I know people say they would never hit a dog etc. But honestly, you don't know that. you have probably never been pushed that far. People generally have different breaking points. My mom says it is because sometimes I can turn into a scary person. RAD can do that. But it is scary and after you do something like harming an animal you never do it again unless you are a sociopath or psychopath.

#38 ·
little jealous of a dog? What was it going to bang your GF lol. seriously beating the **** out of a dog for no reason and for so long is messed up. Dont know what to tell ya, sound like a ticking time bomb and a person i would avoid. Hope you find help and dont end up killing it or someone

#39 ·
All the "I was brought up normal, I'm not a bad guy" leadup doesnt change the fact you tortured a dog, you didn't just hit once in anger, you continued for 5+ minutes.. you need to talk to a mental health professional, you won't get much help from this website. On the one hand all the remorse and such shows you at least know it was wrong, but what I find a bit scary is that you seem to have had no control for such a long time.. what if that dog died? what if you were left alone with a small child? I know the latter is extreme but considering you seem to be totally powerless.. yeah. Please get professional help, you can't do it alone.

I totally get it. I actually strangled my dog once. But that was because I was so angry for so long and didnt know it. When you get use to keeping anger bottled you just go off. When I strangled my dog i cried and was so scared of myself. Me? the ability and longing to kill? yeah. after that I learned what im capable of and make sure I keep myself in check. My dog loves me to this day. I will never do it again. It keeps you soft in a sense. I know people say they would never hit a dog etc. But honestly, you don't know that. you have probably never been pushed that far. People generally have different breaking points. My mom says it is because sometimes I can turn into a scary person. RAD can do that. But it is scary and after you do something like harming an animal you never do it again unless you are a sociopath or psychopath.
No. Most people do, its not even in question - there are some things you could just not do, especially to something so innocent. If getting angry makes you strangle a dog, I hope you have a prescription for anti psychotics.

obv not since he has remorse.
awful logic.

#52 ·
I didnt say it was ok. I said I did it. I also, felt horribly about it.
"For professionals, animal abuse by a child should be considered a warning that a child may be experiencing some form of psychological or physical distress."
I never hurt him again. I flipped out. My mind spaced and boom. Then I "woke up" felt horrid and that was that. It wasn't a good day that went astray like you guys think it is. **** has to happen first and build up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.