X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Discussion > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default How to cook eggs with runny yolk properly?

So this is all right:

but what I'd like is this essentially:

^ I want eggs that have a totally runny yolk, with a crispy bottom as you can see from the photo with it's golden brown edges, and most importantly, I want the white part of it to be cooked properly.

-That is how I always mess up the yolk in my eggs, I want it to have a crispy bottom, and I'm able to achieve that, but then the problem is getting the white part cooked so everytime I want to cook eggs with a runny yolk, it takes a bit of trial and error like changing the amount of heat, or flipping the egg over and pressing it down so the white cooks properly, but then what ends up happening is that I never end up with a truly runny yolk, because by that time, I've left the egg on the stove for so long that part of the yolk has turned solid.

What is an appropriate amount of runniness to have in the white part of the egg? I'd prefer to have none
"Family! Our families determine who we are, determine what we’re not, all of our relationships with everybody we ever meet for the rest of our lives is based on the way we relate to the members of our family, no wonder the world’s so ****ed up!

People move the way that they move cuz they’re still working out some **** with their fathers! They’re still pissed at their mothers for not potty training them properly, **** like that, People want to get back @ their parents for making them be born."
letitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

This stuff is tricky, I'll admit. I usually flip it carefully to make sure no white part is runny. All I can say is that I carefully time everything so that the white part gets properly cooked and that I always see that the yellow bulge is there. If it breaks and yellow stuff starts leaking, then the project has failed.
MojoCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I like this method: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/FriedEgg.htm
pita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

I dont eat eggs like this anymore but how i used to do it was like this - put oil in the pan and heat it up until the oil is hot. Then put the egg in the pan, you then want to splash the hot oil on top of the egg white. Keep slashing hot oil on the egg white until its cooked, it should cook quicker than the yolk. Hope that makes sense.
Eski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Fry the egg and instead of flipping the egg, tilt the pan and use the remaining oil by splashing the egg with it to cook the reminding white.
Day 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)

if you really want to get it right you need a lot of butter in the pan, when the butter is bubbling you spoon it on top of the egg to cook the egg white on top.
angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

the eggs in the pic haven't been flipped (obviously), so when you crack them in lift the pan and spread the white out flatter and wider. The thinner they are the quicker they'll cook through. If you don't want huge eggs by the end then buy the smallest eggs.
Hiccups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Every time I try to do that, I always mess up and then have to pretend that I was trying to make scrambled eggs the whole time.

Life is hard. :[

au Lait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

this one time in the kitchen.... I was cooking bacon & eggs and I cracked one into the frying pan and.....

yeah ..wow.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #10 (permalink)

^so they were twins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by au Lait View Post
Every time I try to do that, I always mess up and then have to pretend that I was trying to make scrambled eggs the whole time.
haha, that made me laugh, I've had to do that multiple times myself
"Family! Our families determine who we are, determine what we’re not, all of our relationships with everybody we ever meet for the rest of our lives is based on the way we relate to the members of our family, no wonder the world’s so ****ed up!

People move the way that they move cuz they’re still working out some **** with their fathers! They’re still pissed at their mothers for not potty training them properly, **** like that, People want to get back @ their parents for making them be born."
letitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by letitrock View Post
^so they were twins?
yep....were twins. But then I ate the S$%^ out of them and they became...... S$%^? Well not straight away... took a few hours or so, can't ...be ...sure ...exactly....how...long... ok this has gotten weird even by my standards. *wanders off*.