Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How do I get rid of the hate?

556 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Neal 
#1 ·
Is it normal for people like us to be bitter and resentful? Maybe not expression-wise, as I'm usually quite nice, but my outlook on the world is deeply misanthropic. I always see the bad in people, even my close friends.

Can you relate?

#4 ·
I think most people think they're good and they probably are at least most of the time. But I've had enough situations where it's difficult for me to be trusting. I try to avoid feeling bitter and resentful because it isn't really doing anything for me to feel that way.

#5 ·
Normal is kind of a banned word on sites like this. It is common for people to turn bitter when they cannot find a way to improve their situation or any friendly and positive people to interact with. Personally I never understood staying mad or hateful at people. If they are that bad I cut them out of my life and never think about it again. I didn't understand getting angry, hateful, or bitter until recently. I guess I was too resigned to the life I was stuck in. There was nothing to protect to get angry about until recently. I explain it as I just stepped out of life for awhile. There was nothing to fight for, there was no future in my head, I just quietly sat through the things around me while authority figures got angry or frustrated, and there was no one stubborn enough to wait me out. I could just disassociate forever and there was only the current moment. I have a life now, I have gotten rid of the people that put me down and controlled me, I have things to fight for, and so sometimes lately I do get angry and cynical. I don't want to cry in depression anymore. I want to fight it with everything I can and for so long everyone around me just wanted to ruin any relief from the pain that I could find so I don't know if bitter is the right word but I do have a poor view of them. I still don't hold on to it. They are gone and done. It just makes me more careful about similar situations in the future.

#6 ·
Yes, I have been exactly the same. You can consciously choose to change. What I have done before is take a notebook and write down the good I see in people. Some people at work were really getting to me write down their good traits down and focus on that. Most people think they are good and mean well-even the biggest jerk you know. I find my thinking to be the biggest problem with me. I sit next to a somewhat strange girl at work, she always helps me when I have a question and she has a big candy dish on her desk - find the good in everyone. Like someone with a really bad personality has good traits - like so and so is a really hard worker and contributes to the team, the small things. Remember all men are your better in some way and you are as good as everyone else and they are as good as you.

#7 ·
Yeah it is common for ppl like us to feel like that, especially when we always feel left out and feel ignored, we aren't. The normies are just able to go out there and get what they're after easier and with little to no restraints which is why they love life and love other people. I've noticed it myself, when I start to do something I start to love life and the people and I never want to stop doing this stuff that I am able to do without any restraints. Once I go back to not doing anything, yes, I feel bad and start to hate people and the world, but arghhh if I kept on going I would love life always. I'm still trying, which is why when I get those moments again I feel so good, so high, so so good that I never want to go back to doing nothing again. It's a great feeling and I understand now why so many people love life, I understand why the world is able to go round now. We too have to join in and do the same so we can also live our own lives along with the whole world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.